Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty annoying that Lyft doesn't offer free inspection and locations.

Where are you guys getting yours done? and how much are you guys paying?

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
$20 at Goodyear shops, or at your local neighborhood mechanic.
Just print the form, fill in your personal info, car info, and they will do the rest.

·
Banned
2,240 Posts
I couldn't find a Goodyear office that answers its phone. Not all Jiffy Lubes do it, though San Bruno & Geary do. San Bruno charged me $24 and it took forever, I mean it's a 2 minute check at the hub but 90 mins at JL. And you get the dumbo mechanic's filthy oily hands all over everything he touches.
Making us pay for the inspection when they have some clown at the hub sitting there twiddling his thumbs half the day fits with how Lyft now go out of their way to insult the drivers. It's like they've given up and know they're about to be history.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I went to to Emerald on 12th and Judah, they were on the list I got from Lyft. They seemed busy and I didn't have an appointment or anything and it still didnt take long, maybe 30 minutes. I don't remember what I paid, it was like 7 months ago. It sucks though, Uber definitely has them beat in that department where it took 15 minutes and was free.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I went to to Emerald on 12th and Judah, they were on the list I got from Lyft. They seemed busy and I didn't have an appointment or anything and it still didnt take long, maybe 30 minutes. I don't remember what I paid, it was like 7 months ago. It sucks though, Uber definitely has them beat in that department where it took 15 minutes and was free.
40$. I left after hearing that and went to a place in Oakland and did it for 20

·
Premium Member
890 Posts
I went to Lyft office in Sunnyvale for free. Havent drove for Lyft since last year due to stupid missing inspection.
I just happened to see the office with sign while I was driving for Uber :).

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Go to the place uber reimburses for free, jiffy lube (?), can't remember. Mail in uber inspection, lyft accepts it. Actually they are so shady, they denied the lyft inspection I had, but accepted the uber one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.