Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you are about to reach the destination and another request pops up. Is it just me or is the default insanely crazy sound they purposely made so that you will accept the request right away rather than ignoring the torturous sound. Its like 2 or 3 different beeping noise. And its not funny Uber!

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
When you are about to reach the destination and another request pops up. Is it just me or is the default insanely crazy sound they purposely made so that you will accept the request right away rather than ignoring the torturous sound. Its like 2 or 3 different beeping noise. And its not funny Uber!
I noticed that yesterday that the ping is louder and very annoying. I didn't accept twice in a row because it was raining and I was still a good 5-10 minutes from dropping off my pax. Got a nastygram about how much I missed out in fares, but no time out.

Edit to add... the next fare that I did pick up was a surge to IAH.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Gamesmanship. The jolting sound gives you a jolt, and a little surge of adrenalin. An attempt/success to 'addict' you to the app, you're just not sure why. :)

Keith Chen who used to train monkeys works/worked for Uber.
I'm no monkey, that's for sure. They can try all the Pavlovian tricks they want to try on us, but I'm eating when I want to.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Gamesmanship. The jolting sound gives you a jolt, and a little surge of adrenalin. An attempt/success to 'addict' you to the app, you're just not sure why. :)

Keith Chen who used to train monkeys works/worked for Uber.
That's interesting to note.

I'm not sure Uber realizes that at least a portion of their drivers are either educated or street smart or both and don't care for chasing the dragon. I like to be treated like an adult.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I usually accept it. Then after dropping off my passenger I have time to figure out if I want it or not. The best part is when I get these requests, and the address listed for the current passenger is not the final destination, then I see how long it takes the new requester to figure it out.
I have let one go by, then when I was done with the ride got one other request that I did not accept because it was too far away. I was then kicked offline for 20 min.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I use an inexpensive Bluetooth speaker sitting in the center console cup holder that navigation is piped to. Sounds way better than the tiny cell speakers, and volume can be deafening if you turn it up. Works great, since the Bluetooth on the car stereo can't be played along with FM radio. Bonus is it has a built-in mic for hands free convo if a pax calls enroute.

For stacked calls, the notification ringer volume can be adjusted in the account/settings tab. Default is max, I've turned mine down to about half way.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts