Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,410 Posts
yea.... everyone loves dogs ?!?!?

Just call the driver (right away) tell him you have a cat in a cage, ask them if it's o.k., if No, then you can cancel without being charged. request another UBer till you get a driver that's O.K. with your Kat, you have 5 minutes to cancel without being charged. And why do need an Uber to carry around your cat anyway?

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
If I request a ride and let the driver know as soon as he accepts the ride that I have a caged cat, and the driver declines the transport, do I have to pay a cancellation fee?
I don't think you should have to pay the cancellation fee ( you won't if you can cancel within 5 minutes after placing the order ) and I believe there is a way to query Uber for a refund? ( Not sure, but I hope there is for you). I have no problem with animals, and I don't refuse such rides, but that is me.

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
yea.... everyone loves dogs ?!?!?

And why do need an Uber to carry around your cat anyway?
Would you ask that question if someone had a friend ride with them, and ask "why do you need Uber to cart your friend around?"

Or, would you ask someone going to the airport, "Why do you need Uber to cart your luggage around?"

See, what you just asked makes no sense.

Someone owns a cat, and that someone and the cat have to go somewhere.

What, you want the cat to follow the Uber car to that someone's destination ?

See? It makes no sense.

·
Premium Member
4,601 Posts
I'm an animal lover, I'd rather have a dog, but I have a small apartment that doesn't allow dogs. So I got a cat.
Did you know that there is a huuuge cat called a "maine ****" which has a dog like personality? ( has a needy personality, follows you around, loves affection, will curl up next to you when are asleep, all very un-catlike behaviour ) This is the perfect cat for someone in your situation. My ex-girlfriend had one. I think the cat thought it was a dog, and I've heard that from other Maine **** owners.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ha ha yes actually I have a Maine **** right now and he lost his bonded buddy over a month ago. They get really attached to people and other cats and they're not meant to be alone. I work 12 hour shifts and he's home alone which is why I need another cat to keep him company.

·
Premium Member
64,226 Posts
If I request a ride and let the driver know as soon as he accepts the ride that I have a caged cat, and the driver declines the transport, do I have to pay a cancellation fee?
I wouldn't cancel.
BUT IF I DID
I would not charge you.
Not everyone is fair though.
I am 100% sure Uber would refund any fees to you under those conditions.

Did you know that there is a huuuge cat called a "maine ****" which has a dog like personality? ( has a needy personality, follows you around, loves affection, will curl up next to you when are asleep, all very un-catlike behaviour ) This is the perfect cat for someone in your situation. My ex-girlfriend had one. I think the cat thought it was a dog, and I've heard that from other Maine **** owners.
I had a Maine **** as a kid.
It was wild,took me 6 months to convince it that she had a home.
The cat would bring home rabbitand quail and leave them at back door as a gift. Cat loved to hunt.
She had lived wild for a long time before I domesticated her. Had to coax her with food for 1/2 a year.
Could not get within 4 feet of cat for months.

·
Premium Member
64,226 Posts
Cat in a carrier? No problem.

If a driver objected, I'd raise hell with Uber and 1-star the jerk.
If it's NOT a service animal,drivers are under NO obligation.
Well within their rights to refuse.
I would not
Especially with carrier.
Nothing to raise hell about though.
I STRONGLY believe passenger should never be charged for this if they called first

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
The cat would bring home rabbitand quail and leave them at back door as a gift. Cat loved to hunt.
She had lived wild for a long time before I domesticated her. Had to coax her with food for 1/2 a year.
You domesticated your cat?!
You had a good thing going! Free rabbit and quail = free meal!

I have a caged cat
See my avatar? I'll take her. Dem dogs better get outta my way else I raise a whisker! :eek:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.