1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Angry Uber Driver Rips Company: Says Uber is Deplorable
Published on Mar 21, 2016

Summary of the YouTube video
Uber is a cheap and greedy scam... claims this brave Uber driver. He verbally attacks the billion dollar company for the miserable and brutal working conditions. The driver tells PBS reporter David Nazar that Uber is a fraudulent organization that exploits all of its employees.

·
Registered
169 Posts
A complaining Uber driver?!?!? Never heard that before. It's so hard to under stand why they don't just find another job. You have time. What do you think the PUBLIC is going to do? Save you? That's like me saving a Burger King worker

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
If you are for "free markets" and un-bridled capitalism, you should have no problem with Uber. This is it, so you can look at Uber as Capitalism at it's best or worst, depending on your opinion of them.

If you decide it's the latter, petitions and strikes will do you no good. Vote. Specifically, vote blue. There's no guarantee that this will lead to improvement, but if you vote the other way, it is guaranteed that nothing will be done, because they have made it clear that they are not pro-labor, although they try and get you to believe that they are. They are pro-labor, as long as it serves the owner in the best way possible first.

·
Premium Member
4,920 Posts
If you are for "free markets" and un-bridled capitalism, you should have no problem with Uber. This is it, so you can look at Uber as Capitalism at it's best or worst, depending on your opinion of them.

If you decide it's the latter, petitions and strikes will do you no good. Vote. Specifically, vote blue. There's no guarantee that this will lead to improvement, but if you vote the other way, it is guaranteed that nothing will be done, because they have made it clear that they are not pro-labor, although they try and get you to believe that they are. They are pro-labor, as long as it serves the owner in the best way possible first.
Capitalism is great, but it's not perfect. It has it's flaws. It's flaws don't mean we need to get rid of capitalism. It means you either do something to address the flaws of capitalism or just accept the negative consequences of those flaws. There are people who believe any attempt to do something to address the flaws of capitalism is a crime against humanity. Travis Kalanick being a prime example.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Uber somehow sidestepped all labor laws in most markets with this scheme in the hopes to downgrade western economies to third world status. This is acceptable to you?
I'm still impressed / shocked to see how uber broke so many rules and regulations with impunity.

It turns out the law is for suckers.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I'm still impressed / shocked to see how uber broke so many rules and regulations with impunity.

It turns out the law is for suckers.
The problem I see now is that as a passenger your are at risk of being cut in pieces by an angry driver and dumped in the Everglades.
Just an example of how mad drivers are!
There are a Lot of DexteRs in South Florida! Lol
Metaphor only pls don't get me wrong.

·
Premium Member
4,664 Posts
Angry Uber Driver Rips Company: Says Uber is Deplorable
Published on Mar 21, 2016

Summary of the YouTube video
Uber is a cheap and greedy scam... claims this brave Uber driver. He verbally attacks the billion dollar company for the miserable and brutal working conditions. The driver tells PBS reporter David Nazar that Uber is a fraudulent organization that exploits all of its employees.
Here is a great synopsis of how Uber shakes-down drivers using Uber pool. Even if you don't know LA you still get an exquisite and detailed explanation of how Uber exploits its' 'partners'.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Just go find another job for petes sake
I am working on it to get another job.. Hopefully i will get another job. Now job market is good too...

I am complaining because i don't want NEW DRIVERS to fall for Uber . I don't want NEW DRIVERS to do same mistakes which i did...

NEW DRIVERS can check youtube videos & read news articles about the reality of earning money as Uber Driver. Lot of Uber drivers shared their experiences that How tough it is to earn money being Uber driver...
For example :-
1. UberPool
2. Long hours to make $150 dollars
3. No tips as Uber driver whereas everyone understands & empathises with other industry workers like delivery guys, waiter etc that we have to pay tips to delivery guys, waiters etc.
The same people who pay tips to waiters, delivery guys etc don't want to tip Uber drivers. The reason is public thinks Uber drivers makes lot of money.. Catchy part is Uber drivers have new & clean cars

Finally, i accept it is my mistake to driver Uber. I should have been smart to figure out Uber lowered the fare and increased its own commission from 15% to 25%. I should have realized Uber is a corporate not a charity.. What is right and what is wrong it doesn't matter.... Uber is the boss..Oh I am sorry Uber is The partner..

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts

Tom we are not union labor that cuddle$ with blue. IMO ICs are better aligned with pro competition dark side.

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
I am working on it to get another job.. Hopefully i will get another job. Now job market is good too...

I am complaining because i don't want NEW DRIVERS to fall for Uber . I don't want NEW DRIVERS to do same mistakes which i did...

NEW DRIVERS can check youtube videos & read news articles about the reality of earning money as Uber Driver. Lot of Uber drivers shared their experiences that How tough it is to earn money being Uber driver...
For example :-
1. UberPool
2. Long hours to make $150 dollars
3. No tips as Uber driver whereas everyone understands & empathises with other industry workers like delivery guys, waiter etc that we have to pay tips to delivery guys, waiters etc.
The same people who pay tips to waiters, delivery guys etc don't want to tip Uber drivers. The reason is public thinks Uber drivers makes lot of money.. Catchy part is Uber drivers have new & clean cars

Finally, i accept it is my mistake to driver Uber. I should have been smart to figure out Uber lowered the fare and increased its own commission from 15% to 25%. I should have realized Uber is a corporate not a charity.. What is right and what is wrong it doesn't matter.... Uber is the boss..Oh I am sorry Uber is The partner..
Uber pays those guys to sit in the office and say get another job delete the app if it wasn't for us company would be worth nothing

1 - 20 of 36 Posts