Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rate cuts start tomorrow. wonder how low it's going.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's not going anywhere. Their long term goal is to make using Uber cheaper than owning a car. But don't worry, you'll be making MORE money somehow since demand will increase. o_O

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
t
It's not going anywhere. Their long term goal is to make using Uber cheaper than owning a car. But don't worry, you'll be making MORE money somehow since demand will increase. o_O
it occurred to me that the long term goal could be to create a cashless society where all transactions can be monitored (and thus your every move). up to a few years ago, taxis were the only place people were using cash.

Reactions: UberXTampa

·
Registered
7 Posts
The fares went down so Uber could make more $....they do their math carefully. Problem is our costs remain the same...maybe it will thin the ranks somewhat so there will be more fares, but I would rather have fewer fares at higher rates....what would you prefer, one 50$ fare or 10 5$ fares? I don't think the fares kept people from using Uber, I guess they have enough drivers here now for them to cut fares and know people who depend on Uber for income will keep driving for less.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I started driving in June, due to a relocation from Hawaii back to Charleston to take care of my wife as she fights Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I certainly think there is merit to the idea that Uber preferentially routes requests to new drivers now. (After being on the phone with my wife for three hours last night as I fought for requests downtown and in Mt. P/Daniel Island until 3:00 AM when all of a sudden Igot about 5 or 6 requests, conveniently after the "Guarantee hours" were over. I was on the clock from 2300 on. I will say this reduced fares have not increased my ride requests or earnings. Has anyone else noticed that the time between about 0000 and 0100 seem to be very low on requests or is it just me. Last night I drove around downtown from 2350 till 0020 before I got a ping.

I will also say that Ihave definitely had lower earning over the past 6 weeks compared to the first few weeks that I was working.

What hours do most of you work? And what earnings are you getting. Me I work Thurs Friday and Saturday nights from around 2130 - 0300 ish and usually end up with about $300 or so in earnings, it seems like it has gotten a lot harder though lately.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So I whole heartedly agree that the driver market is over saturated out here, I also heard an advertisement on the radio last night that was touting life changing earnings. "HA"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks like about 25-30%,pretty steep, damn
The fares went down so Uber could make more $....they do their math carefully. Problem is our costs remain the same...maybe it will thin the ranks somewhat so there will be more fares, but I would rather have fewer fares at higher rates....what would you prefer, one 50$ fare or 10 5$ fares? I don't think the fares kept people from using Uber, I guess they have enough drivers here now for them to cut fares and know people who depend on Uber for income will keep driving for less.
Definitely think this has been more beneficial to uber over the drivers at least based off of last night. I will post again tomorrow based off of how Saturday night goes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can hardly wait for Lyft to come to Charleston, they at least let the passengers tip through the APP. Additionally they have been giving a Power Driver bonus to drivers who drive for 30 hours a week with 10 peak hours. (refund of half of their commission).

·
Registered
7 Posts
I started driving in June, due to a relocation from Hawaii back to Charleston to take care of my wife as she fights Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I certainly think there is merit to the idea that Uber preferentially routes requests to new drivers now. (After being on the phone with my wife for three hours last night as I fought for requests downtown and in Mt. P/Daniel Island until 3:00 AM when all of a sudden Igot about 5 or 6 requests, conveniently after the "Guarantee hours" were over. I was on the clock from 2300 on. I will say this reduced fares have not increased my ride requests or earnings. Has anyone else noticed that the time between about 0000 and 0100 seem to be very low on requests or is it just me. Last night I drove around downtown from 2350 till 0020 before I got a ping.

I will also say that Ihave definitely had lower earning over the past 6 weeks compared to the first few weeks that I was working.

What hours do most of you work? And what earnings are you getting. Me I work Thurs Friday and Saturday nights from around 2130 - 0300 ish and usually end up with about $300 or so in earnings, it seems like it has gotten a lot harder though lately.
Yes, driver saturation has had an impact on earnings, and yes, the midnight hour can be a bit of a slowdown...the bars are fullest then, they arrive 10-11:30, leave after 1

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
does lyft have plans to come to charleston? i heard because of how they do their insurance they can't operate in sc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
guys we all need to get together we all need to form a group so Uber Charleston cannot make any decisions without us the partners agreeing to it by vote!! that price cut is ridiculous. literately wasted my time! the problem is not that there is enough fairs but that there are way way to many drivers. we need to put cap to it now. Drivers that do not live in Charleston should not be allowed to Uber in Charleston, furthermore if they are not a transportation company then how can they change the prices we agree to transport people at the beginning without us voting? yes they asked for an agreement but unless you agreed you were not allowed to drive. is not the same as a vote. I think we should get together and become somehow organized like a UNION. I for one would say that we spread this message around to stand against the new fairs and not drive on an agree weekend. Together we will have power plus we can get a lawyer to represent us.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
here's a lawyer idea: armand derfner

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i think a better idea would be to not drive on a saturday/saturday night, instead of the two slowest days of the week. think big picture. we can all afford to miss one saturday if it gets our rates back up to where they were.

****ing off on a saturday would have way more impact.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
well, doing it tuesday and wednesday will have almost no impact whatsoever. that's when most drivers take their days off in the first place.

if we really want to send a message, saturday and saturday night is when to do it. and ping the shit out of and then cancel on the drivers who work that day.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
on second thought, maybe protesting is a bad way to go, as uber could just say "**** charleston". WE ARE NOT THAT BIG OF A MARKET. THEY COULD MAKE AN EXAMPLE OF US AND PULL OUT ALLTOGETHER.

a better strategy is for every (or most) driver(s) to only take rides during surge of 2.0 or better. surge will increase in frequency. it may take a week, but it'll happen. if you're worried about "acceptance rates" , accept every call you get. if it aint surge, cancel, do not charge rider. i think using the software to our advantage may be the way to go.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts