Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as part of my routine scans while driving, this popped up.

Only had two rides since last scan.

Just waiting for the timer so I can locate it easily.

I've talked about the dangers of apple's air tags and people tracking your vehicle before (for example: if they know you're out driving, they can guess when someone isn't home). I'm not the first to have this happen, won't be the last.

Be safe.
Font Electric blue Logo Darkness Screenshot
Font Circle Astronomical object Darkness Screenshot

·
Premium Member
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As a reminder, the scan only notifies you of tags that have been "separated from their owner" for, I think, 15 minutes or more.

So keep that in mind when scanning. Scanning right after each ride won't detect a tag left from THAT rider. You have to scan through your shift and 15 minutes after your last ride.

·
Premium Member
3,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Meant to post this update last night, but got busy...

I was searching and searching for it but couldn't find it. I had read somewhere that sometimes thieves go in and physically disconnect the ability to make sounds. Not the case here though.

It turned out the reason I couldn't hear it was the tag wasn't in my car, but...

It was in the Escalade who had been staging two spots away from to me.

I showed him how to take out the battery (instructions are in the app) and that he might want to contact the police since there's no way to know how long it was in his car.

For those that have never heard the locate sound, I hadn't until yesterday, it's like a Morse code trilling.

Trill trill trill pause
Trill trill trill pause
Trill trill trill pause

1 - 5 of 5 Posts