Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
.......but once womyn claim exploitation by Uber it will be 1964 redux...and things will change pronto. There will be some uproar about how the males made more $$ driving for Uber 2 years prior.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive mirror Automotive design Font

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear also included are new Prius's, free cell phones as well as a free case of water per week. NO way I would ever want my daughter to drive UBER.
Well that explains the East African 50+ year old female driver in a newer Prius with temporary tags honking her horn behind me when I was unloading a BBQ grill. I told her a Chevy Silverado just got by with ease. I'm sure she didn't unnastand a word I said but she did comprehend GTFOutta here with my arm pointed in the right direction.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Well that explains the East African 50+ year old female driver in a newer Prius with temporary tags honking her horn behind me when I was unloading a BBQ grill. I told her a Chevy Silverado just got by with ease. I'm sure she didn't unnastand a word I said but she did comprehend GTFOutta here with my arm pointed in the right direction.
Did you really expect something different with the new wave of lowlife drivers the new less than bus fare wages are attracting?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you really expect something different with the new wave of lowlife drivers the new less than bus fare wages are attracting?
I've seen it all lately here in Chicago. Doors flung open non-curb side in the flow of 35mph traffic, stopping in the middle of the road to pick people up when there are 4 spaces to pull over..

·
Registered
602 Posts
I've seen it all lately here in Chicago. Doors flung open non-curb side in the flow of 35mph traffic, stopping in the middle of the road to pick people up when there are 4 spaces to pull over..
It certainly looks like Uber is scraping the bottom of the driver pool barrel. The older drivers are dropping like flies or simply not driving. The end is near, Uber is a broken business model because of thier own greed.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It certainly looks like Uber is scraping the bottom of the driver pool barrel. The older drivers are dropping like flies or simply not driving. The end is near, Uber is a broken business model because of thier own greed.
It's not hard to notice the "waves" of new Uber drivers here in Chicago. Around last Thanksgiving there were alot of UberHoopties. I believe they were taking in anything in preparation for NYE. Then you couldn't help but notice all the Uber cars in the city with far suburban dealer license plate frames driving in circles obviously lost. Then there were a ton with Indiana plates which seemed to fade but now it's back to UberHooptie (you should see the condition of some of these cars) and now their obviously recruiting females with incentives.

·
Registered
602 Posts
It's not hard to notice the "waves" of new Uber drivers here in Chicago. Around last Thanksgiving there were alot of UberHoopties. I believe they were taking in anything in preparation for NYE. Then you couldn't help but notice all the Uber cars in the city with far suburban dealer license plate frames driving in circles obviously lost. Then there were a ton with Indiana plates which seemed to fade but now it's back to UberHooptie (you should see the condition of some of these cars) and now their obviously recruiting females with incentives.
I thought Uber was nondiscrimintory and paid everybody shit rates. Me bad.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok, so we are screwed blue and tattooed, lets take all we can and wait for the class action lawyers. It's a bad deal for new drivers who work for gas money and get no assistance. Kill or be killed, I started out happy and now I know this is just one big mindless global company who does not give a shit about its "partners" we are just cattle to them. These kind of people will get their Karma, just not in my lifetime. Don't ask anyone to join uber and protect our interests. Oh, If you don't know Chicago don't drive here without a MAP. I am disgusted by your lack of knowledge yet acting like you know where the hell you are Quit and find a job you can handle. Grow and be enlighten.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Ok, so we are screwed blue and tattooed, lets take all we can and wait for the class action lawyers. It's a bad deal for new drivers who work for gas money and get no assistance. Kill or be killed, I started out happy and now I know this is just one big mindless global company who does not give a shit about its "partners" we are just cattle to them. These kind of people will get their Karma, just not in my lifetime. Don't ask anyone to join uber and protect our interests. Oh, If you don't know Chicago don't drive here without a MAP. I am disgusted by your lack of knowledge yet acting like you know where the hell you are Quit and find a job you can handle. Grow and be enlighten.
No, shame Grandpa we all were duped by Uber. The difference is we have the ability to know it and admit it, unlike a lot if the brain dead people on here.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chicago is the easiest damn city in this country to navigate especially downtown. It's all a grid system. Madison/State is 0/0. Western is 2400W. Foster is 5200N. Even addresses are west or north sides of the streets, odd east or south. The only way you can get screwed up is on the diagonal avenues and that's only because you were being lazy or caught up in responding to a pax dumb ass questions. Ubers navigation assumes you're underground downtown and can't find the Trump Tower if a life depended on it.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Way too many cars out there. Oh THAT's why the taxi industry had the medallion system!
That's why rideshare drivers now have to be registered with the city of Chicago. Just watch and mark my words. My prediction is Uber and Lyft will narrow it down to drivers with only 4.9 *s or above...and that will be all the newbies with about 5 weeks on the road.

·
Registered
65 Posts
That's why rideshare drivers now have to be registered with the city of Chicago. Just watch and mark my words. My prediction is Uber and Lyft will narrow it down to drivers with only 4.9 *s or above...and that will be all the newbies with about 5 weeks on the road.
Rideshare drivers have to be registered with the city because the TNC ordinance language requires it. It's one of the few legal requirements that Uber is observing. As long as Uber has more new drivers than it needs it couldn't care less about how many drivers leave. UberX riders will complain like crazy but they'll keep riding because of the low fares. It's gonna take some major catastrophes to change things and that's always possible, however unlikely. Meanwhile Uber keeps pushing to develop the self driving car and then it's Sayonara "partners".

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rideshare drivers have to be registered with the city because the TNC ordinance language requires it. It's one of the few legal requirements that Uber is observing. As long as Uber has more new drivers than it needs it couldn't care less about how many drivers leave. UberX riders will complain like crazy but they'll keep riding because of the low fares. It's gonna take some major catastrophes to change things and that's always possible, however unlikely. Meanwhile Uber keeps pushing to develop the self driving car and then it's Sayonara "partners".
I started with Uber in February of 2014
I did NOT have to be registered with the city at that time. This is newer in the city of Chicago.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sexist. Who wants to file the case? A minority gay male would be best.
A black transgender. Gay males have already unsuccessfully accused an Uber driver of sexual assault here right on the same block were a gay bar owner opened up shop after burning his other bar down with Everclear and scribbling anti-gay slurs on the walls INSIDE the joint. He just got off with probabtion and $100,000 restitution. Lest we forget the lesbian waitress/veteran that scribbled "we don't like you people" on her customers receipt and got caught red handed.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts