Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
I had a pax tell me about a time he had to grab hold of the wheel after his driver noded off and crossed to the wrong side of the road.

Guess Uber is partly to blame, too many drivers and hard to earn minimum wage. If this was an Uber or other ride sharing driver then I could imagine the government will be looking to regulate driving hours.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Hopefully this tragedy does not involve an Uber driver.

If it does then the mystery insurance cover Uber is famous for might be given a bit of a test.

Also Uber might just pay hush money to the families of the casualties rather than go to court and have the mystery policy tabled and be availabe for it's partners perusal.

Lawyers are circling already to offer their services.....

·
Registered
321 Posts
Driving fast requires training, skill, experience and judgement. That is why AMG buyers get a training day with the new car, to teach them how little they know. It is a smart move so AMGs don't have to worry about bad press and bad reputation like this. If it fortunate that no bystanders were hurt.

Dms, I removed the sound. In the original footage screams and shoutings can be heard as I drive pass the burning car.
Hearing / seeing people burnt alive isn't something one forget quickly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Driving fast requires training, skill, experience and judgement. That is why AMG buyers get a training day with the new car, to teach them how little they know. It is a smart move so AMGs don't have to worry about bad press and bad reputation like this. If it fortunate that no bystanders were hurt.

Hearing / seeing people burnt alive isn't something one forget quickly.
Yeah it's quite horrifying.. sounded like they were from cops trying to instruct people around to get clear of the area as they were standing around close to the burning car.. some guys were trying to break the rear windows trying to get to the others trap but I think the heat from the flames plus the possibility that it might blow up at anytime..

1 - 20 of 36 Posts