Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious on actual how many Drivers that drive in San Antonio very day and night. I live in New Braunfels and according to the passenger App I usually see about 4 to 6 drivers on a daily basis. New Braunfels has a population of 75,000 and with tourists can jump as high as 150,000 on weekends. Do you think there is more drivers then the app shows?. I remembered when Uber left Austin they claim to have 10,000 drivers. I do not believe that for one second. Also what is the ratio of driver to population that should be profitable for Driver and Uber? Give me your thoughts.

·
Registered
244 Posts
It's not driver to population.

It's drivers to riders.

I think San Antonio, with 2.3M metro population, has a lot fewer riders than Austin with 2M metro population.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I stand corrected! Drivers vs riders. Still wonder what is a good ratio. Any thoughts. I going to say 1 driver vs 20 on a daily basis.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The rider app only shows drivers near your pointer so it's impossible to see the total. If you move the pointer around San Antonio, you will see that cars appear and disappear as you move it around.

It doesn't really matter how many total drivers are in a city the size of San Antonio. There could be 1,000 on the north side and it could still show no drivers available on the south side. The question is, how many drivers are within a time range. I'm not sure exactly what that time range is, but just playing around with the app, it seems to be no more than about 15 minutes. I've only been driving a couple of months but I don't think I have ever gotten a ride more than 15 minutes away.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
I am curious on actual how many Drivers that drive in San Antonio very day and night. I live in New Braunfels and according to the passenger App I usually see about 4 to 6 drivers on a daily basis. New Braunfels has a population of 75,000 and with tourists can jump as high as 150,000 on weekends. Do you think there is more drivers then the app shows?. I remembered when Uber left Austin they claim to have 10,000 drivers. I do not believe that for one second. Also what is the ratio of driver to population that should be profitable for Driver and Uber? Give me your thoughts.
App only shows 8 cars maximum. You have to move it very slowly to different areas to really see what is going on. Cars look like ant piles in many areas. I remember when i was only driver in downtown area, now there are often 5 or 6 or more. It's discouraging, but there are rides out there. Just avoid the spots where there are to many drivers and pick a street or bar and sit quietly and wait for a ping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts