Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have yet to be able to land a block for the warehouse near where I live. I get some offers occasionally, but they are for another warehouse in the Atlanta area that is almost an hour away from me. No thanks.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've been checking everyday for two weeks and no openings. Anyone know if I can expect an opening anytime soon?

Maybe... Christmas!?!o_O
Yeah "everyday" just doesn't cut it. You gotta be spamming that refresh button. Don't even look at the block, just accept as fast as possible. You can always drop the block if it isn't one you want to work. Sometimes I will go on there and see a list of blocks to choose from, but that is like once a week. Most of my shifts I get from diligent tapping, usually the morning of.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are known bots that eat all Flex offers, see Flex Discussion forum. And then the bot boss re sells blocks on Craigslist. Don't know how this is all done. Mafia..
It's not hard. First, you pay some people to sign up to be drivers using cheap phones and prepaid services. Then you take those accounts and phones, use bots to get blocks, then the people you "sell" the blocks to use whatever phone is linked to that account. You pay them a small percentage, maybe 30 - 40% tops, of the block's worth. In addition, you get them to either sign up on their own or give you their account. Once you get it going, you'll have enough money rolling in to keep paying people to sign up so you can keep adding phone lines and accounts so as they get de-activated, you just slap a new SIM in the phone, set up a new account, and keep on trucking.

Amazon could stop all this easily, but they're either making too much money on this to give a damn or running so close to the bone that implementing methods to stop it would cost too much. Personally, I'm betting the latter.

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
I’ve been getting reserved blocks all week but unfortunately the times just didn’t work for me. Managed to pick up a 4 hour block today and I’m a little worried I won’t have enough room in my Corolla. I’ve only had 3 hour blocks so far and my car was pretty packed.

·
Premium Member
3,136 Posts
Ok so there were no issues with fitting the packages in my car. I finished in 3.5 hours, including going back to the warehouse to return a package.
That's awesome. It's a tight fit on a Prius for a four hour block but can be done. The pain is the first deliveries within the block as you have to figure out where the first zone boxes are buried in the car. WestBurbsMac is pretty organized as he organizes everything prior to loading.

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
That's awesome. It's a tight fit on a Prius for a four hour block but can be done. The pain is the first deliveries within the block as you have to figure out where the first zone boxes are buried in the car. WestBurbsMac is pretty organized as he organizes everything prior to loading.
Yea it's a little stressful early but I'm starting to get used to it. Have you been getting more reserved blocks recently?

·
Premium Member
3,136 Posts
Yea it's a little stressful early but I'm starting to get used to it. Have you been getting more reserved blocks recently?
My Flex account has been deactivated as I work part time at a Dch.

By the way, took a four hour block for Instacart and got 0 orders for $0 pay. Much hype for nothing. Am in the west burbs of Chicago.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah it is all about the organization. I have been sorting them alphabetically by address, and I separate the envelopes and the boxes. It seems to work best for me and it is easier to see if the itinerary is taking you on an ass backwards route. At our warehouse, we are able to pick our cart out of like 50 that are sitting there. I try to grab one with more envelopes and less small packages.

I have only gotten one reserved block since I started a month and a half ago.

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
My Flex account has been deactivated as I work part time at a Dch.

By the way, took a four hour block for Instacart and got 0 orders for $0 pay. Much hype for nothing. Am in the west burbs of Chicago.
Damn thats horrible. Most of what I hear about Instacart is pretty bad. Im glad I never went through with it

Yeah it is all about the organization. I have been sorting them alphabetically by address, and I separate the envelopes and the boxes. It seems to work best for me and it is easier to see if the itinerary is taking you on an ass backwards route. At our warehouse, we are able to pick our cart out of like 50 that are sitting there. I try to grab one with more envelopes and less small packages.

I have only gotten one reserved block since I started a month and a half ago.
Ive had 9 reserved blocks Fri-Mon nothing today though. Didnt accept any of them because of the hours.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts