Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was not aware that the Eagan location was just regular deliveries, so you do not get tips. Anyone else work for the Eagan center and have some tips for me? Should I try and get transferred to st. Paul so I can get the prime now deliveries? The flex app crashed on me when scanning packages to pick up which made for a messy ending, so I basically worked an extra hour for free because of their issues. So I am hoping to get a transfer so I can get tips too

·
Registered
726 Posts
The Amazon runs I have made are 4 hr. blocks from $72 per block and have gone up to $88 per block (kind of like surge) Average block has about 40-50 packages, but once you get to the location for delivery, all the deliveries are very close together. You may get a neighborhood that you deliver 10 packages and only drive 5 blocks or an apartment or business and drop 5 packages off.

·
Registered
392 Posts
If you pickup Amazon packages at Eagan there is no tip option for customers. Maybe the Amazon Prime Now packages have a tip option out of the other warehouse. I believe I was told once you chose a location to pickup when I became a driver you can NOT change locations.
You absolutely get tips out of the Como location - I think the app defaults to $5 - I haven't done a delivery in several months (Had a shift for tonght but gave it up ) - maybe its changed but the in-app tipping was sweet...

·
Registered
817 Posts
When Prime Now started up in the TC, I ordered it once, just to see what happened, and because I had a "$5 off your first order" gift code. One of the last steps before I placed the order was a screen where it asked me how much I wanted to tip the driver. It only had preset amounts, and I could not enter my own amount. I don't think it gave me the option to not tip. I chose $5. Of course, this was last year, so who knows what has changed since then.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts