Uber Drivers Forum banner

Amazon Flex is coming...

4K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  David perez 
#1 · (Edited)
Amazon is going to join the sharing economy with a concept similar to Uber, but instead of shuttling around obnoxious cheapskates or drug addicts & drunks, drivers will be delivering packages. Imagine, no more stupid rating system, no more awkward conversations or dealing with the scum of the earth in your back seat.

Instead of paying per ride, Amazon will pay per shift $18-24/hr. Shifts will be as short as 2 hours and as long as 12 hours. Drivers will be able to log-in via an app and work on-demand, whenever they want.

Unless Uber raises rates, I'm jumping ship the second this arrives in NJ.

http://arstechnica.com/business/201...18-25-per-hour-to-deliver-prime-now-packages/

#3 ·
Yes, it's actually 18-25/hr... I made a typo.

My favorite part about this is that a package can't rate you a 1* for the silliest reason. :)

No stupid questions for aux cables, no evil eyes when the GPS makes a mistake or there is traffic, no questions prying into your life.... And no sitting around waiting for a ping 17 minutes away, which is a $5 ride netting $3.20 for the hour.

#10 ·
Unless you are delivering the packages for free, you need commercial insurance. *

*Edit, your regular personal insurance will not cover an accident if they find out you are delivering packages.
That's good to know! Thank you for the correction.

#11 ·
Another good driving job is taking people to medical appts. These are generally during slow Uber hrs and the minimum job pays $47.50. You get $1.35 mile plus $15/hr wait time. Min fare is $47.50. Commercial plates get paid more. I make about $300 wk off these rides. Pay is a little delayed - about 6 weeks - but they pay every week. Call here for info -

One Call Care Management
841 Prudential Dr., Suite 900
Jacksonville, FL 32207
Phone: 800-848-1989

#16 ·
By law, workmans comp has to provide transportation to injured workers who can't drive. These rides are paid for by insurance cos. The injured workers you are driving are primarily Latino workers. They are very nice and generally very grateful to have a ride. So instead of driving some spoiled drunk kid who will give you a 2 just as a joke - you can drive someone who appreciates your service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.