Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave it at $10

Votes: 2 66.7%
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get some grocery items delivered from Amazon that I can’t find in the store, some of which are frozen items. I leave in my note to knock when done. The drivers won’t knock when they are done and it’s going to ruin my frozen food if it sits too long. Most of the time I hear them but last time I didn’t and it sat for 30 minutes. I left bad feedback that the driver didn’t follow directions already. I normally leave a $10 tip on a ~$50 delivery. Should I reduce or take back the tip?

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Battery operated no wires needed.
Then I have to deal with charging it, plus you still have to mount it and I don’t really want to making screw holes in the front door, plus I don’t want the neighbors to think they are being spied on. If I get around to buying a place I’ll get one

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A simple solution without penalizing the driver. Go to your Amazon app and turn on notifications for when the items are delivered. Amazon does not require door knocking or the ringing of doorbells as a standard practice since it is a liability for those who do not want to be disturbed due to medical issues etc.

View attachment 627743
I have that stuff on but I don’t babysit my phone when I’m home, I leave it on the charging pad and if I’m busy doing something I may not always hear a notification. I need a knock on the door, I don’t know why there isn’t an option. Kinda getting fed up with Amazon’s delivery but they have a couple of items I can’t find in the started around me

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I have that stuff on but I don’t babysit my phone when I’m home, I leave it on the charging pad and if I’m busy doing something I may not always hear a notification. I need a knock on the door, I don’t know why there isn’t an option. Kinda getting fed up with Amazon’s delivery but they have a couple of items I can’t find in the started around me
So you can hear a door knock but not a phone ringing while being inside your house?

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So you can hear a door knock but not a phone ringing while being inside your house?
Yes, I can hear knocking way better then my phone, plus I like to have the stereo playing music. Also my phone doesn’t ring when I get a notification, more like a quick beep. If I’m distracted I don’t hear it. Knocking on the door I can hear throughout most of my home, we’ll I guess if they knock softly I may not hear it everywhere. But most of the time I’m close to the front door when I’m expecting the delivery. I do have a quiet place and can hear most of the time when they are putting down the packages, though not always. If they ring or knock it is louder then my phone, plus sometimes I’ll turn off the sounds to my phone and not always remember to have sounds on. It’s in my notes to knock, what is so hard about doing that one action? Takes a couple of seconds and it’s what I want for my delivery. They get payed for the delivery and if they can’t follow instructions for a thing that takes a couple of seconds then no more tips. They should be knocking or ringing the doorbell but this shitdemic made them scared of doors. They want to drop my stuff and run away without notifying me then they can get no tips, tips are for those that make me happy with their service and if I’m not happy why should I bother with a tip?

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I reduced the tip, other then the delivery guy not knocking nothing else was wrong. I think if the driver wanted that full tip they would of spent the couple of seconds to knock, I wouldn’t of cared if he would of knocked and left without me coming to the door, the note didn’t say he had to stay. Don’t want to put in the extra effort to earn a tip then you get a small tip for a half *ssed job. Next time I’ll put in the note “reduced or no tip if you don’t knock” Such pansies now that door knocking is now frowned upon

·
Premium Member
24,569 Posts
Maybe tape a note to your door saying "dear Amazon please knock after delivery" or something.

Reactions: TX Uber Ant

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
If your frozen food is important to you, you should be babysitting your phone.

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I’m feeling lazy so I ordered some stuff I need to bring to thanksgiving dinner, I put in notes “knock on door when done or reduced tip”. It’s not complicated and it’s what I want, they can either get a good tip or a mediocre tip, that’s up to them. So any bets if they’ll knock tonight? I’m going with no and I’ll have to reduce there tip again

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The driver actually knocked and made sure I got my stuff. Guess the updated note worked and I didn’t hear my phone go off either. Was busy doing stuff at the time. I don’t like to be negative and say do this or there will be consequences but I guess that’s what it takes sometimes

·
Premium Member
2,084 Posts
My guess is that either you dont really tip, tip bad, or you are not hearing the door knock.
I deliver for Dominos, and when I see a good pre tip in an order, I make sure to read the notes and even go the extra mile to let know the customer I delivered his order already (knock, ring, yell, even text). Now if the tip sucks or there is no tip, I just leave the food and leave.

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
My guess is that either you dont really tip, tip bad, or you are not hearing the door knock.
I deliver for Dominos, and when I see a good pre tip in an order, I make sure to read the notes and even go the extra mile to let know the customer I delivered his order already (knock, ring, yell, even text). Now if the tip sucks or there is no tip, I just leave the food and leave.
I always tip around 15-20%. I would think the drivers would be reading my notes for the tip but seems like they were ignoring it until I said I would reduce tip. I stood behind the door and waited, the driver before didn’t knock even though I don’t think he could of heard or seen me

Font Number Screenshot Circle

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I always tip around 15-20%. I would think the drivers would be reading my notes for the tip but seems like they were ignoring it until I said I would reduce tip. I stood behind the door and waited, the driver before didn’t knock even though I don’t think he could of heard or seen me

View attachment 628034
Was it a van driver or someone driving their own vehicle that did your delivery?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts