Uber Drivers Forum banner

Amazon and regular cars

641 views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  NORMY 
#1 ·
Hey people

Has anyone noticed Amazon is using regular cars to deliver their items. I wonder how much they pay them and if it's their personal car

#5 ·
I tried it in Ottawa - under busy times they can pay $4 per drop up to 20 then beyond 20 is $5 a drop.. they will load as many as you want and they are arranged in postal codes... I would drive in ware house and view piles of items and review postal codes.. you pick a pile and load them...

Regular delivery the full time guys were getting $1-$3 a drop.

I delivered 25 out of 40 - 15 were returned cause I couldn’t get signature / most are drop on porch / ring door bell and then run away.

I chose not to return due to I find it very frustrating finding the package in you car, and backtracking....: sounds simple but trust me it’s not... I would never do it for less than $4 how they do $1-$3 I have no idea ... they try to do 120 a day each... same route and they also have an app to assist you. But again finding the right package is tough.

You make better $$$$ doing Eats CC

#7 ·
About 6 months ago, I drove the lady who was head of logistics for the company that has the contract for these Amazon deliveries in the GTA. It's called Tforce Final Mile, I believe.

It was a long drive, North York to Brampton. She was cool, and we talked extensively about the company. She told me they were hiring, and gave me her number and said she would probably be able to hook something up.

So a few weeks or a month later, I called and arranged an interview.

I drove to the headquarters out in Mississauga. The lady who interviewed me was the hiring manager. Different from the lady I drove, who was head of logistics. She talked up a storm. Said their top guys are doing 1000 deliveries per week at around $3.50 per delivery. In the time since I had spoken to Ronda (the lady I drove), however, their contract with Amazon to do small packages had changed, and they were now only hiring for medium-size packages.

So this meant that they were no longer hiring drivers with personal cars. In order to work for them, you need a sprinter van and commercial courrier insurance. She gave me a number to call.

When I called the insurance provider, he told me that they were having problems with drivers who had bought or leased/rented used sprinters, and were finding that the financial pressure of the insurance cost was weighing heavily on their earnings. Many of the drivers were looking to quit!

I realized I'd be out close to $5k before making a single $3.50 delivery.

So to make a long story short, they've basically copied the "independent contractor" business model from Uber. But they don't turn a blind eye regarding commercial insurance the way Uber does with Eats.

So after doing the research I concluded that this was not a wise career move at best, and a total scam at worst.

$800/month for insurance + gas for a huge van + deadheading back to the HQ after delivering 100 packages to go pick up more, + commuting to 'Sauga (I live basically at 404 and 407)= ALOT of hustling @ 3.50 per delivery....

#15 ·
About 6 months ago, I drove the lady who was head of logistics for the company that has the contract for these Amazon deliveries in the GTA. It's called Tforce Final Mile, I believe.

It was a long drive, North York to Brampton. She was cool, and we talked extensively about the company. She told me they were hiring, and gave me her number and said she would probably be able to hook something up.

So a few weeks or a month later, I called and arranged an interview.

I drove to the headquarters out in Mississauga. The lady who interviewed me was the hiring manager. Different from the lady I drove, who was head of logistics. She talked up a storm. Said their top guys are doing 1000 deliveries per week at around $3.50 per delivery. In the time since I had spoken to Ronda (the lady I drove), however, their contract with Amazon to do small packages had changed, and they were now only hiring for medium-size packages.

So this meant that they were no longer hiring drivers with personal cars. In order to work for them, you need a sprinter van and commercial courrier insurance. She gave me a number to call.

When I called the insurance provider, he told me that they were having problems with drivers who had bought or leased/rented used sprinters, and were finding that the financial pressure of the insurance cost was weighing heavily on their earnings. Many of the drivers were looking to quit!

I realized I'd be out close to $5k before making a single $3.50 delivery.

So to make a long story short, they've basically copied the "independent contractor" business model from Uber. But they don't turn a blind eye regarding commercial insurance the way Uber does with Eats.

So after doing the research I concluded that this was not a wise career move at best, and a total scam at worst.

$800/month for insurance + gas for a huge van + deadheading back to the HQ after delivering 100 packages to go pick up more, + commuting to 'Sauga (I live basically at 404 and 407)= ALOT of hustling @ 3.50 per delivery....
They can put there packages straight up there azz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.