Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Absolutely AMAZED at the number of drivers out here driving around for 85 CENTS PER MILE and think they're making money!!! I mean, I'm blown away! I'm even witnessing luxury cars like Mercedes and Audi picking up X riders!

It's reasons like this that Uber can slash rates as they please.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Absolutely AMAZED at the number of drivers out here driving around for 85 CENTS PER MILE and think they're making money!!! I mean, I'm blown away! I'm even witnessing luxury cars like Mercedes and Audi picking up X riders!

Those people gotta eat! They would still drive if rates were cut again.... the question is, how low is finally too low?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts

Now you are talking I like your post:D

·
Premium Member
1,950 Posts
The following is a paid advertisement:

"Hey, want to be your own boss? Drive for Uber! We're signing up new drivers today. You don't need a car, either. Heck, if you have a criminal record, if you just got out of jail, no problemo!

As a signing bonus, we're introducing some new programs:

UberSNAP -- we've partnered with the Texas Health and Human Services Commission to obtain for you your very own UberSNAP card. Benefits will be somewhat lower than the regular SNAP program, but since you'll be sitting on your ass 90% of the time, you don't need as many calories. We call that the UberDIET! We guarantee that you'll lose weight, too.

Since we've slashed our rates to the point of virtual slavery, we've introduced another program -- UberApartment -- If you drive for Uber, we'll get you some Section 8 housing vouchers! Of course, you might have to live in the ghetto, but you won't have to worry about rent anymore!

As an added benefit, since our rates are now officially below minimum wage, we've partnered with the Department of Health and Human Services to help you apply for an UberObamacare health police (HMO Bronze Plan, only, with $6,350 deductible, no co-pays, and virtually no provider network, so please don't get sick or hurt, okay?)

Add to these the UberPhone for only $10 per week, and the new UberRental at $40 per day, you don't need a car, and you don't need a phone. Just show up, drive, and after an 80 hour week of virtual slavery, you'll qualify for UberSNAP and UberApartment. After you pay for fuel, even with our UberMasterCard charge card, you won't have much left over, but because the IRS Standard Mileage deduction, you won't have to pay any taxes! Isn't being poor fun?!

So, c'mon! Sign up today! And relax...those Dallas NTC permits we promised? They are coming. Cough, cough, ahem. We swear on the new UberBible! (a special version with certain Commandments deleted so our UberLying isn't a sin anymore...woot!)"

·
Registered
1,295 Posts

Just want to apologize for you docswife may be I was mistaken.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts