Votes: 1 50.0%
  • no

Votes: 1 50.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I like to start off by giving a little background to my start with lyft, I applied for more information to see what I needed to get started on November 8th at the time I used a promo code for 50 rides under a month and you get $200. So I got in touch with the mentor and my car just gave out on me so I didn't proceed with the application. So beginning of December I decided to get a new car and re-applied for lyft again (btw it didn't let me use another promo code) got approved on December 16th and started driving the next day. So I finished my 50 rides under the 30 days after the approval date to be surprised that my sign up date was considered the 8th of November and not the beginning of December when I actually went trough with the application and background check. So automatically after given that news I knew that I wouldn't get my bonus from the promo code not because I didn't do what asked but because they took the initial sign up day not when I actually went trough with the app. So I referred to them to an email I received on December 24th which I'm new to forums so I uploaded not sure if that's the right way to do it.But the email states that I was referred by Brett and that I was ELIGIBLE to receive $100 bonus if I do 50 rides after my approval date (which I did). So I wrote them and asked why I didn't receive anything at all and they just kept saying I wasn't able to receive anything because of the reason that I didn't get approved within 30 days. So I went back and forth with a guy named Juan on email support trying to prove my case that I get my 200 bonus wasn't going to take effect because of their rules but that I shouldn't have gotten an email stating that I was eligible so this gentleman proceeds to just flat out ignore me and doesn't respond to my last email where I show him that there are not terms and conditions on the email and that it flat out makes me eligible to receive that bonus based on their wording and on my effort to complete the rides under 30 days. So I wait a few days and never got an answer back. So a YouTuber by the name of Ezra tells me to try to contact @asklyft on twitter (which I did) and guess what conversation went back and forth just like with the Juan guy and then after an hour of quick replies I wrote them the same thing explaining why I earned that bonus based on their wording and they flat out ignored me again . its been since January 12th and I haven't heard back from them I tried to rewrite them and still am getting no answer at all from them now. Now here is my question to the community am I wrong here to feel like I got a case to argue for that bonus on the email or are they wrong for not holding true to their word and then ignoring me. all opinions welcomed if I'm wrong here its ok I just didn't think I was and would like to here why I am. Thanks again guys stay safe. Also if you have an opinion on what i should do if there even is something to do please let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wait... you wrote this long for $100 promo?
It was kind of hard to prove a point with simple few words . But it's more on principal brother and what if this is happening to multiple people then it's just not $100 you know .

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
It looks like there was probably something in the fine print that went something like this:

"This promo code applies to the application in question, and you must complete it within X amount of time."

That's pretty standard for any contract. Is this a technicality? Perhaps. Did they intentionally make this information hard to find? Perhaps. Will there be even more lawsuits against Lyft for stuff like this? Perhaps. Are you alone in your plight? Perhaps not.

The truth is, many people signed up for the $5,000 Bonus and will never receive it. Yes, Lyft let some drivers collect the Bonus in order to dupe others into thinking they can receive it, too (so they would have coverage/litigation purposes), but it doesn't change the fact that it was introduced right before a notoriously slow season.

This is a highly unethical company, who will do anything to take advantage of its drivers, which is why I laugh whenever people say "Lyft is better." I'm like, "What planet are you living on?"

The only difference between Let-Down-Lyft and Fuber is that Lyft allows you to get tipped (so they can pay you less per hour) and bonuses that are either more and more difficult to attain, or outright impossible.

I'm really sorry this happened to you. :(

·
Premium Member
24,093 Posts
It looks like there was probably something in the fine print that went something like this:

"This promo code applies to the application in question, and you must complete it within X amount of time."

That's pretty standard for any contract. Is this a technicality? Perhaps. Did they intentionally make this information hard to find? Perhaps. Will there be even more lawsuits against Lyft for stuff like this? Perhaps. Are you alone in your plight? Perhaps not.

The truth is, many people signed up for the $5,000 Bonus and will never receive it. Yes, Lyft let some drivers collect the Bonus in order to dupe others into thinking they can receive it, too (so they would have coverage/litigation purposes), but it doesn't change the fact that it was introduced right before a notoriously slow season.

This is a highly unethical company, who will do anything to take advantage of its drivers, which is why I laugh whenever people say "Lyft is better." I'm like, "What planet are you living on?"

The only difference between Let-Down-Lyft and Fuber is that Lyft allows you to get tipped (so they can pay you less per hour) and bonuses that are either more and more difficult to attain, or outright impossible.

I'm really sorry this happened to you. :(
Don't forget that Uber, as shitty as they are, will allow you to see if it's a surge ride upon request.

You have to play Lyft Roulette, i.e. pick up pax, finish the ride and then see if you got lucky with a PT %

·
Registered
961 Posts
Watch your map and use the timer to see if the PT will be on the ride. You have time to look and make a decision. I look at the rating then the location. you can touch the map but ot the lower half of the screen. If the ride meets my criteria then I accept if not I skip it off my phone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.