Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3 hours last night at my honey hole, 4 hours today and I've had one ping that canceled and one shortish ride this morning. I'm only doing XL and I've never gone any longer than 30 minutes without some sort of ping. I usually don't take the none surge ones but at the moment I would take anything.
There is surge everywhere so I suppose there is some kind of demand. I'm constantly getting the switch to Pool and X to get more trips thing popping up. I actually parked on Hollywood Blvd for a while with no results, and that's pretty well always a sure trip

I'm wondering if Uber is trying to get XL only guys to switch by giving the XL rides to people doing both. Anyone else having the same issue?

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
I'm constantly getting the switch to Pool and X to get more trips thing popping up
That is the Problem, I think.
Once you expose yourself to all those X and Pool Rides, you're too busy getting XL Rides.
I see the map sometimes blood-red, and are tempted to switch to X.
Noooo Way will I ever do that again. I like my Select Rides.

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
3 hours last night at my honey hole, 4 hours today and I've had one ping that canceled and one shortish ride this morning. I'm only doing XL and I've never gone any longer than 30 minutes without some sort of ping. I usually don't take the none surge ones but at the moment I would take anything.
There is surge everywhere so I suppose there is some kind of demand. I'm constantly getting the switch to Pool and X to get more trips thing popping up. I actually parked on Hollywood Blvd for a while with no results, and that's pretty well always a sure trip

I'm wondering if Uber is trying to get XL only guys to switch by giving the XL rides to people doing both. Anyone else having the same issue?
Thats an old Select suspicion

Try doing a long uberx surge run to an airport, a college shortie uberx base, or even a long base x run home on DF in a situation where XL df clearly aint gonna yield nothing...and see how it goes from there.

Which of these, if any, works? YMMV

Once you expose yourself to all those X and Pool Rides, you're too busy getting XL Rides.
If X goes over 3.5 and there's no select surge (=there usually isnt), not opting down is self-defeating for Select drivers...

XL optdown is a much more contentious topic, since XL surges with X, and its all a matter of demand & surge/sticker-shock tolerance

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
i do too but if its anywhere from 3.0 to 6.0 im switching quickly....with the new update there is no more select surge...3.0x is my minimum though to entertain an x ride

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Thats an old Select suspicion

Try doing a long uberx surge run to an airport, a college shortie uberx base, or even a long base x run home on DF in a situation where XL df clearly aint gonna yield nothing...and see how it goes from there.

Which of these, if any, works? YMMV

If X goes over 3.5 and there's no select surge (=there usually isnt), not opting down is self-defeating for Select drivers...

XL optdown is a much more contentious topic, since XL surges with X, and its all a matter of demand & surge/sticker-shock tolerance
When XL goes over 2.5-3 smart pax will either wait or order a SUV

·
Registered
89 Posts
Same thing happened to me on Select this week. I think Uber is messing with the algorithm and with drivers who don't drive like an ant. I'll go to a surge area then cancel on rides when I'm not sent a surge ride. I think uber is messing with me because my cancelation and acceptance rating are really bad right now haha

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Same thing happened to me on Select this week. I think Uber is messing with the algorithm and with drivers who don't drive like an ant. I'll go to a surge area then cancel on rides when I'm not sent a surge ride. I think uber is messing with me because my cancelation and acceptance rating are really bad right now haha
I was thinking this also. I usually have an acceptance rate around 60%, but that's because in the past I've been careful about not going online if it isn't surging. Lately if I'm even close to a surge I'll turn it on just in case. So my acceptance has gone down to about 35%. And I accidentally accepted and canceled 3 rides this week, so my cancel rate is at 20% .

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was thinking this also. I usually have an acceptance rate around 60%, but that's because in the past I've been careful about not going online if it isn't surging. Lately if I'm even close to a surge I'll turn it on just in case. So my acceptance has gone down to about 35%. And I accidentally accepted and canceled 3 rides this week, so my cancel rate is at 20% .
I live 30 min out of LA, on bad days I cancel rides for fun on my way home. Mainly pools and low rates pax lol so my rating is bad right now... it goes back up when I get offered a decent quest but is been a while since I've done a quest.

I don't even think the surge applies to us Select Drivers?
I'll drop down and take UberX rides that are surging

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
I'll drop down and take UberX rides that are surging
And that pays you well?
I really like those $90 Rides from Long Beach to Newport Beach. Plus Tip, sometimes.
Will you make that much if it surges and you drop down to X?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Uber drastically reduced boost zones for the weekend. Hence a decent distribution of cars is not happening. So surges are being created without actual demand to redistribute cars to locations with fewer or no cars . And so actual requests at surge rates are quite small.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts