Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just when I think I've heard it all:

I had a 4-leg ride with a 21-year old Beverly Hills "poor little rich boy" (picked him up, stopped at store, drove him home to mommy's & daddy's mansion, drove him back to store, then drove him home again)..,.....ANYWAY, on the way to the store, he said to me "Hey, do you have $20 cash on you? If I tip you $20 in the app, can you give me $20 cash now?" Despite having an array of vitriol-heavy responses at the tip of my tongue, I simply said "No, I don't carry cash on me when I'm driving." Never mind that he blabbed about his life for the entire ****ing ride(s), never mind that I provided excellent service, never mind that he was treating me like his therapist. I assumed, when the ride was over, that a sweet tip would be involved, ESPECIALLY after the ridiculous tip question earlier in the ride. And especially because his mommy and daddy's house was worth $10+ million dollars. And especially because he was acting like we were best buddies by the end of the loooong ride. I know, I know, there's no guarantee whatsoever and 99% of paxholes are cheap shitheads from Hell. So, short story longer, I looked at my fares at the end of the night and shockingly, no tip from pathetic Richie Rich. Oh well. Money can buy a lot of things but it definitely can't buy class, manners, or etiquette. I hope he finds another driver who can be his ATM in the future.

·
Registered
976 Posts

I had a 4-leg ride with a 21-year old Beverly Hills "poor little rich boy" (picked him up, stopped at store, drove him home to mommy's & daddy's mansion, drove him back to store, then drove him home again)..,.....ANYWAY, on the way to the store, he said to me "Hey, do you have $20 cash on you? If I tip you $20 in the app, can you give me $20 cash now?" Despite having an array of vitriol-heavy responses at the tip of my tongue, I simply said "No, I don't carry cash on me when I'm driving." Never mind that he blabbed about his life for the entire &%[email protected]!*ing ride(s), never mind that I provided excellent service, never mind that he was treating me like his therapist. I assumed, when the ride was over, that a sweet tip would be involved, ESPECIALLY after the ridiculous tip question earlier in the ride. And especially because his mommy and daddy's house was worth $10+ million dollars. And especially because he was acting like we were best buddies by the end of the loooong ride. I know, I know, there's no guarantee whatsoever and 99% of paxholes are cheap shitheads from Hell. So, short story longer, I looked at my fares at the end of the night and shockingly, no tip from pathetic Richie Rich. Oh well. Money can buy a lot of things but it definitely can't buy class, manners, or etiquette. I hope he finds another driver who can be his ATM in the future.
I would have gone back and 1 starred him.

·
Premium Member
11,288 Posts
"So you tip me $20 in app, and I give you $20 minus whatever the government is gonna take in taxes? Sure, put that tip on there and I'll get back to you on April 15th."

AKA drug seeking behavior, had no intention of tipping you 20 even if you had given him the 20. Because his life is rough and he deserved it and you don't.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts

I had a 4-leg ride with a 21-year old Beverly Hills "poor little rich boy" (picked him up, stopped at store, drove him home to mommy's & daddy's mansion, drove him back to store, then drove him home again)..,.....ANYWAY, on the way to the store, he said to me "Hey, do you have $20 cash on you? If I tip you $20 in the app, can you give me $20 cash now?" Despite having an array of vitriol-heavy responses at the tip of my tongue, I simply said "No, I don't carry cash on me when I'm driving." Never mind that he blabbed about his life for the entire &%[email protected]!*ing ride(s), never mind that I provided excellent service, never mind that he was treating me like his therapist. I assumed, when the ride was over, that a sweet tip would be involved, ESPECIALLY after the ridiculous tip question earlier in the ride. And especially because his mommy and daddy's house was worth $10+ million dollars. And especially because he was acting like we were best buddies by the end of the loooong ride. I know, I know, there's no guarantee whatsoever and 99% of paxholes are cheap shitheads from Hell. So, short story longer, I looked at my fares at the end of the night and shockingly, no tip from pathetic Richie Rich. Oh well. Money can buy a lot of things but it definitely can't buy class, manners, or etiquette. I hope he finds another driver who can be his ATM in the future.
He never would of given you the $20 tip and even if he did that is taxable income.

So what his parents are rich.. I'm sure they look at him like a worthless POS that runs up mommies CC.

I'm sure some drivers have fallen for it.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
"So you tip me $20 in app, and I give you $20 minus whatever the government is gonna take in taxes? Sure, put that tip on there and I'll get back to you on April 15th."

AKA drug seeking behavior, had no intention of tipping you 20 even if you had given him the 20. Because his life is rough and he deserved it and you don't.
Yup same thought I had about drugs, mama and dada dont give junior cash because he turns it into stash.

·
Premium Member
23,321 Posts

Maybe he didn't know how to tip :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,994 Posts
I took a $35 ride to La Habra the other day and it was an older lady who did not know how to tip. She wanted to give me $15 so she handed me her phone so I could do it for her and it would not let her tip me over $10.

So, if you gave your lad a $20, you would have been in for a surprise.

Reactions: negeorgia

·
Registered
17,830 Posts
The going rate is $10 cash for the $20 in app tip.

A Loosie goes for $2 or so in Manhattan. That's an illegally sold "loose cigarette" bought and sold on the street.
Understand and know the street economy if your gonna be a player on the street.

It's the exchange rate that'll get ya.
Try and exchange currencies in an airport terminal and be shocked that they charge up to 50%.

·
Premium Member
5,131 Posts

Just tell the pax: "in theory I could do that, but to be completely honest I just don't trust you."

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.