Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
All of the above. If its a hot day and you happen to have cold water, nothing says you have to give it away for free. If the customer wants it, they can have it for a price. Same for snacks, candy, gum. I would avoid selling the use of your charger. The rider may one star you for it. But if you just happened to have a new unopened charger from Five Below, you could offer to sell it to the pax for ten. They may still one star you, but at least you made money.

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
I am thinking about selling a range of products to passengers so that I can make a profit from doing Uber.
I figure even if I sell 1 item to every 20 customers I will be better off. Do you have any ideas for what I can sell? Water, snacks, use of my phone charger etc..?
Crap, go all out!!! Amway, Avon, Mary Kay. You can probably throw a Tupperware party if the fare is long enough. A lot of the out of towners always need a good hook up for party favors.

·
Premium Member
879 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
You could also add to your mobile store some trendy knock off watches,sunglasses,embroidered hats,fancy umbrellas, imitation jewellery,hair gel, hair brushes, hair clips, hair spray,head phones, fresh seasonal fruits, variety of snacks,tampons etc etc. and keep very cheap products to match your customers. And no need for any sales pitch, just display the products creatively all across yr car with price tags. Be prepared to swipe their cards for any sales as majority of uber riders are cashless.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I learned on here to sell Fireball Shots, you can get them at most liquor stores for $1 to $2 and then you can turn around and sell them for $5. They are popular as hell, you just need to make sure you never sell to underage riders. I take square to pay me for the shots plus most of the time tip me because I have the tip option come up on all transactions. Win Win if you are smart about it.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
There was a thread here about a guy who sold energy shots and seemed to do pretty well with it but noticed a bit of a ratings drop. On the other hand, there was a news article about an UberBlack driver who made $252,000 selling handmade jewelry out of his car. He wouldn't say anything about it, but would have a couple of samples out and if there was interest, he's bring out the satchel of goods.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I've been making Beef Jerky for about 15 years. I keep sample of each flavor up front with me. I don't push it, but if it comes up ( pax: Is this your full-time job? me: No, I'm retired, just part time, I also make my own Beef Jerky. pax: Really! I love jerky. me: Do you like hot or not?). At this point I offer a sample of a flavor they may like. If they ask if I sell it, then I offer it. I keep a supply in back. It actually guarantees a 5 star. Drunks love it!

Maybe have a bag open so they can smell it. Probably best on Friday and Saturday nights. Some paxs may not like the smell.

·
Premium Member
62,198 Posts
I am thinking about selling a range of products to passengers so that I can make a profit from doing Uber.
I figure even if I sell 1 item to every 20 customers I will be better off. Do you have any ideas for what I can sell? Water, snacks, use of my phone charger etc..?
Offer them prostitutes,opium,and gambling . . . all at a small "finders fee".

·
Premium Member
62,198 Posts
I've been making Beef Jerky for about 15 years. I keep sample of each flavor up front with me. I don't push it, but if it comes up ( pax: Is this your full-time job? me: No, I'm retired, just part time, I also make my own Beef Jerky. pax: Really! I love jerky. me: Do you like hot or not?). At this point I offer a sample of a flavor they may like. If they ask if I sell it, then I offer it. I keep a supply in back. It actually guarantees a 5 star. Drunks love it!

Maybe have a bag open so they can smell it. Probably best on Friday and Saturday nights. Some paxs may not like the smell.
HEADLINE :UBER DRIVER FOOD POISONS 120 PASSENGERS. C.D.C. INVESTIGATING !

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Crap, go all out!!! Amway, Avon, Mary Kay. You can probably throw a Tupperware party if the fare is long enough. A lot of the out of towners always need a good hook up for party favors.
I'm thinking Pampered Chef. I love those products.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts