Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you wondered why your next trip is for picking up a passenger with only one letter screen name?

Most of the time these people are harmless, but occasionally they’re ********.

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
Have you wondered why your next trip is for picking up a passenger with only one letter screen name?

Most of the time these people are harmless, but occasionally they’re ****.
I picked up Fire a few weeks ago.
Greeted her with "Hi Fire?
You dont seem that dangerous."
Firecat was her childhood nickname
She was in her mid 30s s little thick
not that hot but I would have hit that
Took her to the airport nice chat $5 tip

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Lately I've been deliberately asking these people what their real name is, Including Asian passengers whose Uber name is just a character in Chinese or other language. No resistance so far, I'm thinking that anyone who does strongly object may get canceled.

·
Premium Member
7,058 Posts
Lately I've been deliberately asking these people what their real name is, Including Asian passengers whose Uber name is just a character in Chinese or other language. No resistance so far, I'm thinking that anyone who does strongly object may get canceled.
Why pick a fight over a piece of worthless information?

·
Premium Member
8,358 Posts
Best I had was Sexy hulk. I had to take it just to see what the hell was going on but he said a lot of drivers were canceling on him. It ended up he lost a bet and his friends made him use it for his Uber name.
The guy was about 6’5 and looked like he could have been a linebacker for the bears. He also had a tiny dog that he said he got for free when he bought a table off craig’s list and the person told him he could have a free puppy.

·
2021 Bugatti Chiron
6,975 Posts

Most of the time these people are harmless, but occasionally they’re ****.

Since I quit doing Lyft I don't get those 1 letter names anymore.

When I did it was usually during Spring Break and females from the NE part of the country. I asked one why she uses a letter and she told me it was a safety thing, that in Boston drivers would take females to bars and like an hour later come in and hit on them acting like they are an old friend throwing out the her name like they knew her or a friend of hers. With the single letter they could not throw out the name.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Got "Remington" a couple nights ago.

Had to see what it was about.

No guns, no stripper... just a skinny, clean cut Bahamian guy working for a motel chain.

·
Premium Member
7,956 Posts
I've occasionally had names in foreign characters. I usually just ask them how they say their name.

For the record, what you're seeing there sometimes, in non-English characters, IS their real name. We just don't know how to pronounce it.

I had a Russian guy who was here, going from downtown to the Space Center, about a 45 minute trip. It was a Saturday morning, and he had the day off, so he was going down there. I know just enough Russian to be able to pronounce his name, and we had a great conversation (in English).

And for those who are wondering, the Russian alphabet is based on the Greek alphabet, which often helps figure out pronunciation.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Why pick a fight over a piece of worthless information?
That's definitely a valid question. I'm not going to pick a fight over that with any pax, if I meet resistance I drop the subject, or if I have valid concerns I cancel.

My primary reason for doing this is simple; it's a little push back against a very one sided system. I've got a stranger climbing into my car identified only by a Chinese character, or just "BabyDaddy" (true story) who knows or can easily find out a great deal about me, and who has a lot more control over things like ratings and so forth, so it's very one sided from the start. If I don't even know the guy's real name, it's worse. Uber should be requiring real names.

·
25,510 Posts
Lyft: automatic decline
Uber: automatic cancel "not safe to pick up".

Two or three initials is trouble enough. One is almost guaranteed trouble.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anybody pick up a boy named, Sue?
I've had "Jade" boys and sometimes girls, but it's not just Asians.

Now, if I get a King Kong or something that sounds too mean, I might choose to opt out.

This was an interesting pick up: Yu Li and p/u location was good

Supposed to be pronounced U Lee, but who knows for sure!

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
My rideshare pax of the week!

Picked up Kayla +1 yesterday

White pax
Was not sure if it was a guy or girl.
Hair cut looked butch for a girl, feminine for a guy.
Tats gave hint of military.
Dressed like a guy.
Feminine voice.
Soft and out of shape.
Was that a bra or man boobs?
Dressed like a dumpy college boy.
No style.
Polite and quite.
The other pax was this stunning hot European black chick.
They snuggled like two bunnies in the third row.

Either way... You got game!

💋

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
The worst one I had :

The Name came up "Murder"
I called the guy and said "Listen, I am going to cancel the ride. I don't feel comfortable picking someone up with that name or even Nickname. He got a little irritated. I advised him, it says a lot about what and who you are trying to project as a person. I hope you understand. If you don't, then either way I hope you have a good night . And let the call go .

I have been doing this for 5 years. . so I pick and choose my rides every now and then when I get a red flag.

·
Premium Member
8,999 Posts
The worst one I had :

The Name came up "Murder"
I called the guy and said "Listen, I am going to cancel the ride. I don't feel comfortable picking someone up with that name or even Nickname. He got a little irritated. I advised him, it says a lot about what and who you are trying to project as a person. I hope you understand. If you don't, then either way I hope you have a good night . And let the call go .

I have been doing this for 5 years. . so I pick and choose my rides every now and then when I get a red flag.
My personal favorite: "He Screams"

Good luck in getting picked up buddy.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Well, they're always black, 100% of the time. In the past I've wondered but now I just figure it's something black people like to do to show their individuality.

·
2021 Bugatti Chiron
6,975 Posts
Well, they're always black, 100% of the time. In the past I've wondered but now I just figure it's something black people like to do to show their individuality.
Not my experience at all. Most of mine are white college age ladies in their early 20's. Most are here on vacation from the New England area. Spring Break, Christmas, Thanksgiving, is when I start seeing them.

Reactions: TaninLa

·
Premium Member
7,956 Posts
Most of mine are white college age ladies in their early 20's.
My sense (and I'm far from being their age) is that for some reason, they're afraid to not be anonymous. That they're so attached to hiding behind the screen of their iPhones that they feel more secure not going out their names.

But I'm entirely just speculating.

·
2021 Bugatti Chiron
6,975 Posts
My sense (and I'm far from being their age) is that for some reason, they're afraid to not be anonymous. That they're so attached to hiding behind the screen of their iPhones that they feel more secure not going out their names.

But I'm entirely just speculating.
See my post #7, that is what several ladies have told me.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts