Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So many in another thread said "Don't worry about it, just take them to multiple locations without a change in app!" The pax wanted me to take his girlfriend to work after I dropped him off at the bottom location.

So this came in after hours of processing

Unfortunately for them and for Uber, I do make them change the address in app. So after a single email to support with screenshots of the app screen of the original address then the change to the new address, and encouraging them to double check their system, I quickly received this email

Then checked my statement and saw the rates reverted

If you were the type to not make the address change by the pax in their app, with no proof of the request of address change by the pax, you would be the guy looking at that first view, never to see that money again....

·
Registered
635 Posts
So many in another thread said "Don't worry about it, just take them to multiple locations without a change in app!" The pax wanted me to take his girlfriend to work after I dropped him off at the bottom location.

Unfortunately for them and for Uber, I do make them change the address in app. So after a single email to support with screenshots of the app screen of the original address then the change to the new address, and encouraging them to double check their system, I quickly receipt this email

If you were the type to not make the address change by the pax in their app, with no proof of the request of address change by the pax, you would be the guy looking at that first view, never to see that money again....

Well done!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Pax never say or question you when you make your screenshot?
Nope. Only took a few seconds and never noticed or understood what I was doing. Document it people, it'll save your ass! Don't take the chance!
I don't understand - what did you screenshot that would not be there later? And why would a pax be unhappy with you screen-shotting something?

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't understand - what did you screenshot that would not be there later? And why would a pax be unhappy with you screen-shotting something?
You have no history of the change. Uber does, but they could lie about it. I had a feeling this wouldbe a big fare and wasnt going to risk it. I didnt need to but id rather be safe than sorry.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Good for you to pay attention to your business and share your experience. Everyone that sees this, now knows what can happen when riders claim ignorance of the process. Congrats on getting a decent Support response. My friend went back and forth about 4 times and finally got their money restored. Uber made up different reasons each time in their accusations. Wrong rider, ended trip too late, ect.

·
Registered
9,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Did anyone else notice with the original fare adjustment Uber did not adjust their fee so they were still taking $95.32. Yet you would have only made $116.47 if you had not caught it.
I did notice that and I would have made that adjustment had they not given me the full amount. That is pretty bad that they did that, I noticed it right away as it technically shows them earning 45% cut.
so what did you screen shot exactly? Just the app when the pax changed the address?
I took a screenshot of the detail screen that showed his original drop off location. Its the same screen that shows the "Contact Rider" and "Cancel" buttons. Then I took a screenshot of the same screen after he made the change to the second location.

·
Premium Member
3,784 Posts

Unfortunately for them and for Uber, I do make them change the address in app. So after a single email to support with screenshots of the app screen of the original address then the change to the new address, and encouraging them to double check their system, I quickly receipt this email

This wasn't X platform I take it?

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.