Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I think I know how Uber can screw drivers more. Yesterday I took a ride where the pax wanted to go to a bar, they changed their mind to go downtown... They changed the destination to downtown. Well they changed their mind again and wanted to go to the original destination... They forgot to update the destination back to the original bar. Well I drop them off and there was a security check on my end because I was not near the original destination. I didn't get paid for the trip until 2am, when the bar closed. So I am thinking the pax also needs to ensure their safe arrival before I got paid.

Anyone else had this happen and not get paid?

·
12,750 Posts
Always always always have the passenger update the address. I go to where the app tells me to go. no if ands or buts about it. In all honesty, you're lucky you got paid. Instead the passenger could have simply reported you you're not taking them to the correct destination and the app would have backed that up. Same thing with passengers who call you and say we don't know why the apps that you there were actually two blocks away. Then you drive there and pick them up, starting the trip from that point. They can simply say you picked up the wrong passenger and the app is going to back that up

·
Registered
167 Posts
Always always always have the passenger update the address. I go to where the app tells me to go. no if ands or buts about it. In all honesty, you're lucky you got paid. Instead the passenger could have simply reported you you're not taking them to the correct destination and the app would have backed that up. Same thing with passengers who call you and say we don't know why the apps that you there were actually two blocks away. Then you drive there and pick them up, starting the trip from that point. They can simply say you picked up the wrong passenger and the app is going to back that up
FUber's pick up and drop off details are wrong so frequently that it is CLEARLY an app issue. As a passenger, the app NEVER gets the driver to my current home or to my prior home. NEVER. As a driver, it's an ongoing problem that is getting WORSE, NOT better.

·
Premium Member
7,119 Posts
I've driven for six years and never had an issue with a destination change... regardless of whether the passenger did it or I did it. This is a non-issue.

Now if you drove off to another destination with neither of you changing it in the app... well that's on you. That's not an Uber problem.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've driven for six years and never had an issue with a destination change... regardless of whether the passenger did it or I did it. This is a non-issue.

Now if you drove off to another destination with neither of you changing it in the app... well that's on you. That's not an Uber problem.
Clearly you don't drive in my market. Some pick up destinations are wrong EVERY SINGLE TIME. Others are off by as much as 9.5 miles. When passengers connect with me via in app texts , I screenshot their message and go to them. Pick up info is wrong 10 to 20% of the time. Passengers show their screen to me and I show them what Uber sent to me.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
Another problem when you get to the destination your timer doesn't work I've been driving and picking up people at this place for 5 years and now the timer doesn't work in a spot where I always sit an wait for the customer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts