Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone driving for services other than Uber? Experiences with Lyft, Dial 7 or other companies? Are there any good ways to earn better $$ in daytime hours?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Lyft in NYC is mostly cancelation or wasting time & gas , for a 5-10 minute trip you get a request 20 minutes away . So you drive 20 minutes and then drop the rider at 5 min destination. Seriously is it worth ?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I think there's money in SHL green cabs for somebody with a few dollars to invest and willingness to work hard. You can get nice Crown Vic for $3-4,000 (one that hasn't been used for taxi preferably), the SHL permit is $3,000 I believe, and you'd be looking at another few thousand most likely to get it painted, have the electronics installed and put through the TLC process. For $10,000 or less you could theoretically have a working car and very low operating costs...essentially just insurance and gas for the day. Your break even point for the day could be as low as $50 bucks and then the rest starts going in your pocket. That's how the old timer yellow guys who own their car and tin free and clear do well. They keep most of what they book for the day.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
I just went through the training for kidcar, the money you can make is legit. Pm for any questions. They need lots of divers

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think there's money in SHL green cabs for somebody with a few dollars to invest and willingness to work hard. You can get nice Crown Vic for $3-4,000 (one that hasn't been used for taxi preferably), the SHL permit is $3,000 I believe, and you'd be looking at another few thousand most likely to get it painted, have the electronics installed and put through the TLC process. For $10,000 or less you could theoretically have a working car and very low operating costs...essentially just insurance and gas for the day. Your break even point for the day could be as low as $50 bucks and then the rest starts going in your pocket. That's how the old timer yellow guys who own their car and tin free and clear do well. They keep most of what they book for the day.
you know, that is something i have been wondering seeing the greens on the road. is there money to be made in greens? are folks leasing those cars? you would think they have the best (of the crappy taxi) world. they can hail in outer boroughs, uber as needed and since their lease costs is $400/$450 per week they can make some money even if they cant pick up in the exclusion zone.

do you have any numbers about weekly take for greens, expenses (i know they pay gas but not insurance) etc. to share with the chain?

·
Registered
15 Posts
you know, that is something i have been wondering seeing the greens on the road. is there money to be made in greens? are folks leasing those cars? you would think they have the best (of the crappy taxi) world. they can hail in outer boroughs, uber as needed and since their lease costs is $400/$450 per week they can make some money even if they cant pick up in the exclusion zone.

do you have any numbers about weekly take for greens, expenses (i know they pay gas but not insurance) etc. to share with the chain?
Those green hail cabs are garbage, you cant use them for Regular Uber. You can only use it for UberTaxi UberT application , Passenger has to pay $3.00 off the bat to hail Uber Taxi. They dont waste time with that, for that they just go for regular Uber. Then they pay the metered fare. they put 16,000 of them on the street. Now the suckers who got scammed into buying those permits are desperate and trying to sell them at any cost, they are selling it for the cost of the car thats how desperate they are.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Those green hail cabs are garbage, you cant use them for Regular Uber. You can only use it for UberTaxi UberT application , Passenger has to pay $3.00 off the bat to hail Uber Taxi. They dont waste time with that, for that they just go for regular Uber. Then they pay the metered fare. they put 16,000 of them on the street. Now the suckers who got scammed into buying those permits are desperate and trying to sell them at any cost, they are selling it for the cost of the car thats how desperate they are.
Guy's don't pay attention to this uber TROLL.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts