Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently i reported about how I typically open my ratings page and the number of five stars will jump up by like 2-5 (if ive taken 15-30 rides, as we know many pax nowadays dont even bother to rate us)
So last week one day, i opened my app and my number actually dropped by 1 five star ! I was kind of put off by this, but as was explained here, a pax can go back later and change there rating.

Okay, so today i open my app and the number of five stars suddenly dropps by 5 five stars !!! Bull$#!+ ! I know better ! It's so rare for me to get rated less than a 5 star in the first place, and its not like I've had a terrible week with all kinds of pax getting pissed at me.... And finally, if 5 pax changed their minds all at once, and all gave me like 1-4 star ratings, wouldn't that make my rating go down by at least 1/100th ?
But no, my rating is still right at 4.86 which it has been for a couple months....

I'll know more of course when the weekly report comes out, of which I've never had more than 2 "less than five star" ratings ! So this time i might have like 11 ratings, with only 6 five stars, for a weekly rating of like 2.95 ???

Again, Bull$#!+ ! This just has not been a bad week at all for me at all with the pax....

I think this was just glitch #198....
Oh yea, my cancellation rate went from 3% to 4% yesterday, even though i had zero cancels yesterday !

Ef'ng Uber :(

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Recently i reported about how I typically open my ratings page and the number of five stars will jump up by like 2-5 (if ive taken 15-30 rides, as we know many pax nowadays dont even bother to rate us)
So last week one day, i opened my app and my number actually dropped by 1 five star ! I was kind of put off by this, but as was explained here, a pax can go back later and change there rating.

Okay, so today i open my app and the number of five stars suddenly dropps by 5 five stars !!! Bull$#!+ ! I know better ! It's so rare for me to get rated less than a 5 star in the first place, and its not like I've had a terrible week with all kinds of pax getting pissed at me.... And finally, if 5 pax changed their minds all at once, and all gave me like 1-4 star ratings, wouldn't that make my rating go down by at least 1/100th ?
But no, my rating is still right at 4.86 which it has been for a couple months....

I'll know more of course when the weekly report comes out, of which I've never had more than 2 "less than five star" ratings ! So this time i might have like 11 ratings, with only 6 five stars, for a weekly rating of like 2.95 ???

Again, Bull$#!+ ! This just has not been a bad week at all for me at all with the pax....

I think this was just glitch #198....
Oh yea, my cancellation rate went from 3% to 4% yesterday, even though i had zero cancels yesterday !

Ef'ng Uber :(
Although rider's can go back and change a rating, it is unlikely that a rider will do that. If a rider is pissed off about a ride the rider will give you the 1 star right away. Driver's think that way, not riders.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
☆☆☆☆☆,☆☆☆☆☆,☆☆☆☆☆,☆☆☆☆☆
Here you can have some of mine since i don't give a $h!t about them, hope this helps. Yw.
(If fuber ever decides to let us trade these in for $$, I'll be needing these back though)

·
Registered
605 Posts
For those of us who drive SELECT your ratings do in fact matter. Now I'll admit he's got to do a lot to lose his SELECT qualification if he does in fact drive SELECT but I understand.

This whole system is supposed to work relatively flawlessly but Uber constantly has glitches and bugs that they don't admit. When the glitches cost you money Uber ignores it and doesn't compensate you. YOU have to catch them and call them out on it. Oh and you can't just contact CSR once it's got to be over and over and over again.

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well again, I'm just anxious now to see the weekly report as im almost sure its going to confirm that this was just a glitch.

Oh, but even the weekly report glitches.... Or should I say, sometimes fails to update for many weeks at a time !

I've said this many times before, but I have never seen such a glitch ridden app in my entire life !!!

Update: not sure if my message to customer service made any difference, but i wento check my number of five star ratings just now, and they jumped from 479 to 491 overnight, and I've only made 1 ride in the last two days !

Uber is so screwed up with glitches and unexplained crap.....
Unbelievable.....

·
Registered
73 Posts
I agree that the driver app really sux when it comes to glitches but hey uber is a technology company after all so we should expect nothing more.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I agree that the driver app really sux when it comes to glitches but hey uber is a technology company after all so we should expect nothing more.
Actually no we should not.

First of all at one point in time the app has been able to do every single function that it does without issue. Uber is making changes to the software and either doesn't test it or chooses not to correct the mistakes found in testing.

Secondly software is the exception to the rule. When you were manufacturing something failure can enter enter the process for many reasons. A human made a mistake, a random pollutant was in your materials, the product was used for reason other than its original purpose. The list goes on... Software on the other hand is written to do a specific thing. It should then be tested to ensure that mistakes were not made. After that software continues to do what it was supposed to do unless someone goes in and attempts to intentionally make it to something else.

I say again if your software is flawed you either failed to test it or you tested it and chose not to correct the issues that you found.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Well again, I'm just anxious now to see the weekly report as im almost sure its going to confirm that this was just a glitch.

Oh, but even the weekly report glitches.... Or should I say, sometimes fails to update for many weeks at a time !

I've said this many times before, but I have never seen such a glitch ridden app in my entire life !!!

Update: not sure if my message to customer service made any difference, but i wento check my number of five star ratings just now, and they jumped from 479 to 491 overnight, and I've only made 1 ride in the last two days !

Unbelievable.....
Many of us had no ratings listed for days, and then yesterday they all came flooding in.

It wasn't just you.

https://uberpeople.net/threads/5-count-stopped.144743/

·
Banned
20,770 Posts
For those of us who drive SELECT your ratings do in fact matter. Now I'll admit he's got to do a lot to lose his SELECT qualification if he does in fact drive SELECT but I understand.

This whole system is supposed to work relatively flawlessly but Uber constantly has glitches and bugs that they don't admit. When the glitches cost you money Uber ignores it and doesn't compensate you. YOU have to catch them and call them out on it. Oh and you can't just contact CSR once it's got to be over and over and over again.
My rated ride count barely ever moves anymore....

Uber riders only rate if they wanna make the effort to rate badly nowadays.

Lyft, OTOH, about 90% of pax rate....fluctuates like a yoyo

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
My rated ride count barely ever moves anymore....

Uber riders only rate if they wanna make the effort to rate badly nowadays.

Lyft, OTOH, about 90% of pax rate....fluctuates like a yoyo
And that's not a good thing for us.

I actively rate my good pax 5's in front of them, and humbly request they rate me back ("Perhaps you'd care to rate me back")

In the short time I've been doing this my very slow slide in ratings was reversed, and I climbed back towards where I prefer to be.

Sucks to have to do this, though.

·
Premium Member
11,623 Posts

Unbelievable.....
Yep, I went to bed all dumb and happy Monday night with 183 5-stars. Didn't drive yesterday. When I turned the app on this morning, I magically now have 195!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts