Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
I don't think the driver had any reason to not charge the passenger other than being a "good samaritan". That driver must have had an extremely kind heart. If I were in his situation, I'd still require payment. Kindness has limits. Become too kind and you end up hurting yourself and becoming a target for abuse.

Reactions: 25rides7daysaweek

·
Premium Member
4,773 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
How are you making that much money with 250 miles trip anyway? Must be crazy surge?

too many things don't make sense about this story
It took the driver 5 Hours to drive 250 miles? 50MPH average speed? That's very slow especially in the middle of the night with no traffic!

A 250 mile trip does not = $1700 fare on Uber's platform. It doesn't even come up to $500.

only an idiot would take someone on a 250 mile trip in the middle of the night and waive the fee at the end

That part where it says UK drivers are only allowed to be online for 10 hours so the driver didn't get paid for half of the trip. That doesn't make much sense either. Why did the app let him accept a trip he wasn't eligible for?

How was he allowed on a train without paying for it?

·
Registered
394 Posts
I believe the article states he wasted half of his markets “driving limits(5 of the 10 hours)”. So now he can only work 5 more hours. His first five hour ride he decided to refund.

·
Premium Member
2,281 Posts
I believe the article states he wasted half of his markets "driving limits(5 of the 10 hours)". So now he can only work 5 more hours. His first five hour ride he decided to refund.
Ok thanks that clears up Point #5.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.