Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
The lease plan so far has worked out really well for me, and I love my car.
I always start in the san gabriel valley, of course many times I end up in other areas and work when I land.
But I get many rides that are medium size trips 16 to 18 bucks just around the valley here, along with some longer rides.
I dont get many 1 or 2 mile rides.
I did make a mistake the other day and picked up a rider close to home and did not even look at his rating or the fact that it was a pool ride
I knew the min. he got in the car (well within a couple blocks) He was low rated and was gonna be a major ding to my ratings lol.
He started commenting on how quick I was to get there .. and how sometimes it takes him an hour to get a ride.. and how drivers cancel and he has to
submit for another ride.. (at this point Im saying uH OH to myself)... He was going from the shell station on huntington and rosemead and going to glendale.
He then tells me how He thinks the drivers are making the ride more expensive. that it always cost like 12.95 for him on the trip.. but that It had been lately costing 19 dollars to 25 dollars I did explain to him that the drivers do not set the fare and If his is on pool he can get the fare quoted before he goes, etc.. and that the drivers have no say whatsoever on what uber charges......
well I made nice, was friendly.. missed no turns, no traffic etc..... drop him off ..see his fare was 19. plus change.. and knew right then I was gonna get dinged because it was more than the 12 dollars he likes lol..
YUPs he friggin one starred me....
lol.... well anyone who drives san gabriel area.. Do not pick up this guy.. lol.. (sorry I forgot his name and cannot figure out how to find it now)
But he works (i believe is one of the owners) at that shell station..

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
The lease plan so far has worked out really well for me, and I love my car.
I always start in the san gabriel valley, of course many times I end up in other areas and work when I land.
But I get many rides that are medium size trips 16 to 18 bucks just around the valley here, along with some longer rides.
I dont get many 1 or 2 mile rides.
I did make a mistake the other day and picked up a rider close to home and did not even look at his rating or the fact that it was a pool ride
I knew the min. he got in the car (well within a couple blocks) He was low rated and was gonna be a major ding to my ratings lol.
He started commenting on how quick I was to get there .. and how sometimes it takes him an hour to get a ride.. and how drivers cancel and he has to
submit for another ride.. (at this point Im saying uH OH to myself)... He was going from the shell station on huntington and rosemead and going to glendale.
He then tells me how He thinks the drivers are making the ride more expensive. that it always cost like 12.95 for him on the trip.. but that It had been lately costing 19 dollars to 25 dollars I did explain to him that the drivers do not set the fare and If his is on pool he can get the fare quoted before he goes, etc.. and that the drivers have no say whatsoever on what uber charges......
well I made nice, was friendly.. missed no turns, no traffic etc..... drop him off ..see his fare was 19. plus change.. and knew right then I was gonna get dinged because it was more than the 12 dollars he likes lol..
YUPs he friggin one starred me....
lol.... well anyone who drives san gabriel area.. Do not pick up this guy.. lol.. (sorry I forgot his name and cannot figure out how to find it now)
But he works (i believe is one of the owners) at that shell station..
What a prick, I hope that guy is forced to a taxi for the rest of his life.

Good luck with twice the cost, a smelly car, and waiting for a long time before someone gets you, sucker!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts