Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else get this email this morning?

We heard your feedback - additional uberPOOL pickups are getting easier

Driver-partners have told us that additional pickups on uberPOOL can be a challenge, in part because it can be hard to accept the trip while driving.

Starting soon on iOS devices, additional uberPOOL pickups will be automatically added to your POOL trips so you can focus on driving. The Uber Partner app will also use the Uber in-app navigation for POOL trips to ensure seamless routing as riders are picked up and dropped off. For all other kinds of trips, you can continue to use the maps app you prefer.
I don't mind the auto adding of next pool riders as I've actually missed one or two at times and Lyft already does this.

But forcing us to use their navigation for pool? That is the dumbest idea I've ever heard. I don't understand how forcing us to use their navigation for pool helps anything at all except to piss off drivers who prefer waze or google maps.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Anyone else get this email this morning?

I don't mind the auto adding of next pool riders as I've actually missed one or two at times and Lyft already does this.

But forcing us to use their navigation for pool? That is the dumbest idea I've ever heard. I don't understand how forcing us to use their navigation for pool helps anything at all except to piss off drivers who prefer waze or google maps.
I dont like it But it does make sense... in a Uber thought process kind of way.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
No I have had it for a while , it goes through google maps with one single tap

The intergration is very impressive to be honest smooth and butter only if the first trip hanging could also get fixed

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I have had it for a while , it goes through google maps with one single tap

The intergration is very impressive to be honest smooth and butter only if the first trip hanging could also get fixed
Wait are you saying you have had this new implementation for a while and can still route through Google maps?

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Wait are you saying you have had this new implementation for a while and can still route through Google maps?
Yes it showed up may be 3 weeks ago super smooth ! On the iPhone while in navigation it pops up with a new rider request and 1tap is all it takes

Accept and re routes nav towards new pick up , 1 tap ! Didn't think they could do it but they they did now if only they can fix the hanging issue with initial ping lol

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Here's hoping each additional pax pay the same surge rate as the first pax, ala lyft.

Otherwise, can you imagine hitting the clipboard in the top left everytime and checking surge rates for every pax? Cancels galore!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Yes it showed up may be 3 weeks ago super smooth ! On the iPhone while in navigation it pops up with a new rider request and 1tap is all it takes

Accept and re routes nav towards new pick up , 1 tap ! Didn't think they could do it but they they did now if only they can fix the hanging issue with initial ping lol
What is the hanging issue with the initial ping?

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Here's hoping each additional pax pay the same surge rate as the first pax, ala lyft.

Otherwise, can you imagine hitting the clipboard in the top left everytime and checking surge rates for every pax? Cancels galore!
Yes ! I check everytime unless I'm on a nice guarantee I cancel any trips with a lower surge rate than the pax I have

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
Hopefully, albeit doubtful, this means there also may be some improvements coming for the in app guidance system. I for one am sick of hearing the phrase "arrive on your left," on a 2 way, 4 lane street with some sort of center divider.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I wish they release the 'take a break after this ride' feature. So you stop getting requests during your last trip for the hour or day. They announced it a month ago, but of course, not out there yet.
Especially if you end up somewhere other than the city and the next stacked ping is 15 away. Happens everytime at 3am

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
I specifically DONT use Uber Nav during pool trips because the app intentionally directs me to a more inconvenient route that is more likely to get added pings (i.e.- traffic and construction congested streets rather than the freeway). I can't help but wonder if this is why Uber is now causing us to direct Pools via their direction

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
"Starting soon on iOS devices" another reason not to have an overpriced iproduct.
Tu shay... You get the value you pay for! My MacBook Pro runs as well as the day I bought it and hasn't slowed down one bit year after year. Super fast and incredibly user friendly compared to Microsoft based computers that need constant add ons, updates and protection all at additional cost. I refuse to extend money to anything connected to Bill Gates.

After several years, my various "overpriced" Iproducts have held their value and resale just the same.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
How can a cabby talk shit to anyone. I have seen pretty decent uber drivers BUT YET I NEVER EVER EVER EVER MET A CABBY WITH ALL HIS TEETH AND DECENT CLOTHES.
And you can tell all ur pax we talk shit all day...they dont care they go for what ever is cheaper and faster.

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
youre kidding this is a nightmare!!!!!!!! youhave to accept low rated pool pax are you kidding????? also some people are in a rush, too much luggage nightmare!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
its hard to accept trips while driving LOL never heard that one. more like they wanna shove pool down everyone throats, wreck people's ratings and make you work much harder for less.

they know people hate pool and dont accept trips so they do this to get more control, im not gonna drive nearly as much if the auto add pool, this is a recipe to get fired since your cancellation rate will go up as well

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
youre kidding this is a nightmare!!!!!!!! youhave to accept low rated pool pax are you kidding????? also some people are in a rush, too much luggage nightmare!!!!!!!!!
This is the true underbelly of Lyft. Automatically adding pax and there's no way to see the pax rating aside from the initial pax.

Guess how many 4.6, 4.1, 3.7 pool pax you transport every day? The ones that have treated drivers with disrecpect, take 4:59 before they reach your car, ask for an aux cord for a 2 minute trip, and slam your doors, not to mention try to touch a boob or two.

You can throw the ratings out the window. You have absolutely no say in who you pick up anymore. How many pax have uber booted from the system?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts