Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking...when a pax first sits down in the vehicle they should be a 3. Neutral. An average person. If they do something good then it goes up, if something bad then it goes down. Why should everybody be a 5 or a 4? It throws everything off. If a person getting in is a 3 then that should be ok. If a 4 or 5 then better still and maybe I'd make more of an effort. If a 2 or 1 then I'd say what's up with you? But no, if we see a pax with a 4.3 we think it's bad.

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
We would also have MUCH more of an incentive to be nice to riders if Uber added a tipping option.

Hey Uber, are you reading this? Cuz right now we have ZERO incentive to give a crap besides getting them from A to B. I can tell you for sure that I was a lot nicer when I was a lyft driver :)

·
Registered
662 Posts
We would also have MUCH more of an incentive to be nice to riders if Uber added a tipping option.

Hey Uber, are you reading this? Cuz right now we have ZERO incentive to give a crap besides getting them from A to B. I can tell you for sure that I was a lot nicer when I was a lyft driver :)
Make sense. I see your rating is much lower and your earning higher then me. I assume that's from you getting dinged for not catering to the riders like I do. It's a solid decision and I need to stop being so nice. 4.9 something is less paying than 4.78 because that 4.9 dipshit waits for you to get your coffee in the morning.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
I was thinking...when a pax first sits down in the vehicle they should be a 3. Neutral. An average person. If they do something good then it goes up, if something bad then it goes down. Why should everybody be a 5 or a 4? It throws everything off. If a person getting in is a 3 then that should be ok. If a 4 or 5 then better still and maybe I'd make more of an effort. If a 2 or 1 then I'd say what's up with you? But no, if we see a pax with a 4.3 we think it's bad.
With that logic, if every PAX started every driver out with 3 stars, most of us would be deactivated.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
If you give a 3 or below to a pax I think it makes it so you never match with them again. Plenty of pax out there, but I reserve 1, 2, and 3's for people I never want to see again.
Nope that only works for riders if they give you a 3 or lower. Only way to get "unmatched" with a rider is filing a complaint and asking it be done manually.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I was thinking...when a pax first sits down in the vehicle they should be a 3.....
Now that Ive been hitting it hard full time, I totally get this 100% now. yesterday I get a late 20's couple in boston, going to an awesome house in the middle of a very nice neighborhood in the middle of nowhere Wayland. 50+ with the surge, hit me with a $20 at drop off! (only tip of the day as a matter of fact)
Later I take a young lady from cambridge to wellsely college about 35 with the surge. not even a cursory good bye or a thank you. Im not so entitled I expect a tip every ride but dang, at least throw me a godo night or a thank you or something. I jsut got your butt home safely.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Later I take a young lady from cambridge to wellsely college about 35 with the surge. not even a cursory good bye or a thank you. Im not so entitled I expect a tip every ride but dang, at least throw me a godo night or a thank you or something
You picked up a passenger from the People's Republic of Cambridge took her to Hillary Clinton's Alma Mater and you were expecting a tip? BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

You a funny guy.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
My rider rating is 4.4. Some riders and drivers like to play with ratings.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Or you're a jerk. A 4.4 is bad.
Jerk?

No no one of the driver was older than 65 years old. I didnt understand how he got apptoval for driving. It was not about his age, he picked me up at my sddress he could not dropp me of to the right destination , i gave him directions. At the end he asked me "your name is Marry right?" I told him not to drive until he would learn how to use the app and other things. After that he blamed me back for nothing. It was supposed to be another rider in the car with the name Marry, but there was nobody. He gave me 1 because he knew that i was giving him 1. So rating is not a real indicator sometimes, it is open to racism and discrimination. I picked very nice people with under 4.5.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Jerk?

No no one of the driver was older than 65 years old. I didnt understand how he got apptoval for driving. It was not about his age, he picked me up at my sddress he could not dropp me of to the right destination , i gave him directions. At the end he asked me "your name is Marry right?" I told him not to drive until he would learn how to use the app and other things. After that he blamed me back for nothing. It was supposed to be another rider in the car with the name Marry, but there was nobody. He gave me 1 because he knew that i was giving him 1. So rating is not a real indicator sometimes, it is open to racism and discrimination. I picked very nice people with under 4.5.
Not a troll, but... You got into the wrong car? In my opinion it is 90% the responsibility of the rider to find the correct car and driver. As a driver you do not have a picture or even the correct name often. As a rider you have the driver's real name, photo, the make and model of the car, and even a picture of the car.

Rider ratings do not lie in my experience.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Not a troll, but... You got into the wrong car? In my opinion it is 90% the responsibility of the rider to find the correct car and driver. As a driver you do not have a picture or even the correct name often. As a rider you have the driver's real name, photo, the make and model of the car, and even a picture of the car.

Rider ratings do not lie in my experience.
No no ! Car was correct, but the driver was not, he missed to pick up another pool rider and tried to drop me off to her destination. :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Jerk?

Ok buddy. Ratings aren't a real indicator. It's the driver's fault.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Now that Ive been hitting it hard full time, I totally get this 100% now. yesterday I get a late 20's couple in boston, going to an awesome house in the middle of a very nice neighborhood in the middle of nowhere Wayland. 50+ with the surge, hit me with a $20 at drop off! (only tip of the day as a matter of fact)
Later I take a young lady from cambridge to wellsely college about 35 with the surge. not even a cursory good bye or a thank you. Im not so entitled I expect a tip every ride but dang, at least throw me a godo night or a thank you or something. I jsut got your butt home safely.
I was thinking some of the passengers might skip kindergarten, middle school and go directly to high school and college that why they don't learn the general words like thanks, good night, have a nice day, be safe out there, etc....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.