Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much does competing against this hurt you
Dents on the other side too
And front- note the hood buckled up
No muffler 馃槄
Driver looks homeless
Unshaven unkempt
We have many
a similar looking worn out X taxi cab that must have 500,000 miles on it - 370 pound driver
You can read the cab company name under the black spray paint

They have a year limit and they should also have a mileage limit

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He probably had his own condo and this car was probably showroom-fresh when he started Ubering. Now he is homeless and living in his now beat-up car. Another Uber success story... for Uber. Not for the driver.
This isn鈥檛 all that hard. When Uber was only paying 9 an hour a few years back I found all I had to do was say no

Premium Member
I just retired a Lincoln Town Car with over 440,000 miles on it. Damn good condition ran like a dream but it aged out for the platform.
All Ford panther body cars (Town Car, Grand Marquis, Crown Victoria, etc.) were excellent. They were probably the very last American cars that could compete with Toyota and Honda for long term reliability and ease of maintenance. I wouldn't mind owning one even today.

Premium Member
All Ford panther body cars (Town Car, Grand Marquis, Crown Victoria, etc.) were excellent. They were probably the very last American cars that could compete with Toyota and Honda for long term reliability and ease of maintenance. I wouldn't mind owning one even today.
I've got nearly 300K on my 2007 Focus with only a couple of minimal part replacements which I was all able to do myself for the most part with the help of youtube. It's been a great car. It looks a little rough on the outside but thanks to a lack of government mandated ABS/Traction control it handles like a dream on ice and snow whereas newer cars can barely operate with the slightest snow or ice.

Premium Member
Still got a 2010 a 2012 in reserve. The one I'm driving now Cycles out next year. So It will be three I have retired in the last 6 years because they were too old.

Registered
nearly 300K on my 2007 Focus with only a couple of minimal part replacements
Better than me! 250k miles on the 2008 and several mechanical repairs with vast majority being suspension and steering parts (radiator,motor mounts, struts, shocks, control arms, tie rod end links, sway bar end links, front wheel bearings, steering knuckles) in the past 80k miles and 3 years. But cheap parts and DIY works good enough.

Premium Member
....agreed. Too bad they are all gas guzzlers???

:unsure::unsure::unsure:

Premium Member
How much does competing against this hurt you
Dents on the other side too
And front- note the hood buckled up
No muffler 馃槄
Driver looks homeless
Unshaven unkempt
We have many
a similar looking worn out X taxi cab that must have 500,000 miles on it - 370 pound driver
You can read the cab company name under the black spray paint

They have a year limit and they should also have a mileage limit

View attachment 666137
It's very Karen of you to be so overly concerned about someone else car so much so you take a picture of it and post it on the internet to complain that you don't like it you don't have to tell me what demographic you come from the fact that only one demographic does things like this tells me everything I need to know

1 - 20 of 55 Posts