Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was supposed to get picked up 2-3 minutes from when I requested ride. Was outside waiting 1 minute later. Noticed car icon on map was going in circles and pickup time fluctuating so I texted driver regarding this at 6:38 pm. Text "read" but no response. Texted again few minutes later asking if he's still coming.
Again, "read" but no response. Called driver but vmail said (in effect) party not accepting messages. Sent one last text to driver saying if I don't get response, will get another ride. Tried to cancel but warned that if cancelled, will have to pay fee. Driver never came.
Never had this issue before with Uber.

I'm assuming it's within the law to attach his profile info (incl. photo) because it's accessible by the public?

·
Premium Member
19,594 Posts
How dare he.... the nerve! lolz.... seriously though, why haven't you cancelled earlier? You wait, and wait, and message?... just cancel right away.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
I was supposed to get picked up 2-3 minutes from when I requested ride. Was outside waiting 1 minute later. Noticed car icon on map was going in circles and pickup time fluctuating so I texted driver regarding this at 6:38 pm. Text "read" but no response. Texted again few minutes later asking if he's still coming.
Again, "read" but no response. Called driver but vmail said (in effect) party not accepting messages. Sent one last text to driver saying if I don't get response, will get another ride. Tried to cancel but warned that if cancelled, will have to pay fee. Driver never came.

I'm assuming it's within the law to attach his profile info (incl. photo) because it's accessible by the public?
I feel like you weren't trying hard enough

·
Premium Member
9,445 Posts

Holy shit! I live in Philly. Im gonna let all my friends and family know to look out for the uber scammer. Thanks for the heads up!

Is it ok if I copy this post and use it as my facebook status?

·
Administrator
7,528 Posts
It might be within the "law" but it's not allowed here on the forum.

·
Premium Member
3,486 Posts

Uber penalizes drivers for cancelling so it's better for you to cancel if the driver isn't moving fast enough for your liking. If Uber charges you a $5 cancel fee, just dispute it with them and they will refund it.

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts

you got shuffled

Reactions: Mkang14

·
Banned
76 Posts
I'll assume you're retired or unemployable
since I'm confident
A. Your Employer would Not appreciate U conducting
a Public witch hunt targeting the
working poor independent contractors
And
B. that you have Lots more to lose than
a gig driver✔

Take caution @801Q Kojak
U may end up:

·
25,801 Posts
If Uber charges you a $5 cancel fee, just dispute it with them and they will refund it.
Every time that I have cancelled as a customer if the driver was not "making progress toward me", I have not been charged a cancellation. Even if I cancelled after five minutes for this reason, never has Uber charged me.

Conversely, as a driver, when I decide to do a "no-cover" when my cancel-after-accept rate gets too high, I have been paid the cancellation only twice; once on Fubar ; once on Gryft. On Gryft they actually took it back from me. I did not dispute it, as it was a deliberate no-cover.

you got shuffled
That is what happened.

I was supposed to get picked up 2-3 minutes from when I requested ride.
Welcome to YouPeaDotNet. I like to hear from customers. This is mostly a driver's forum, but, it is an open forum. We have a few customers who do post here with some regularity, but not many. Despite that, you are welcome to post here on any topic that interests you.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts

You sir , got shuffled . Collect it back from Uber and move along .

·
Premium Member
3,570 Posts

So what grocery store parking lot were you waiting in?

·
Premium Member
17,082 Posts
search for 'shuffle' and your eyes will blow out of their sockets. Or something along those lines..........Driver was being a bad bad puppy no matter what some will post.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts

Eagles suck , skins all the way , in 5 years when the nfl plays again

1 - 20 of 24 Posts