Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heads up - just had 2 'ride' pings in Surry Hills and when I arrived, the rider's asking for icecream delivery ... WTF?
they said it's on their app.... no idea... some corruption I think ... tried turning appp on and off ... but think it's at their rider end ... it's Uber, but some food delivery ... but the riders are just doing normal ride requests thinking they are ordering icecream ... ahhhrrrrr ...

will call it quits if happens again ... second one I just went round corner, waited the 5 mins and did a driver 'no show' ... looks like the marketing promo targeted businesses in Surry Hills ...

·
Registered
724 Posts
I got a text before:

UBER said:
A HUGE Uber promo is on today - t.uber.com/nswicecream
Are you driving in the CBD or East between 11am and 5pm? PRO TIP: We suggest calling your rider after accepting a trip request to confirm that they intended to request a ride with uberx! Reply STOP to opt out

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a text before:
ring the rider to check they actually intended to ride?? ....ha Ha , good way to annoy the rider from the start and earn minus stars .... by suggesting they are a moron...
oh, and do we stop the car and call them so we prolong the pickup time further .. or is Uber suggesting we do the call while on the way ... like, call/use mobile while DRIVING ...hmmm? nice one Uber .... real 'Pro" tip .... more like 'con(man) tip"
ah, gee, u gotta luv it... another well thought out process ...

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I ordered some of this icecream today for my girlfriend. It appears to the right of Uber Black in the passenger app.

The delivery was prompt too.

I'm guessing idiots who don't know how to use the app are ordering it through Uber x.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I ordered some of this icecream today for my girlfriend. It appears to the right of Uber Black in the passenger app.

I'm guessing idiots who don't know how to use the app are ordering it through Uber x.
I don't have ice cream as an option, so maybe they're ordering uberx thinking we all have it. Screenshot taken just now.

Another Uber stuff up?

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
I don't have ice cream as an option, so maybe they're ordering uberx thinking we all have it. Screenshot taken just now.

Another Uber stuff up?
Now have it as option, as I'm in the delivery zone. Maybe people did that without realising or remembering it's only certain areas. I took that snapshot just before Moore Park

·
Registered
329 Posts

Tony, did you get to rate the experience?

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
Have a read of Uber FB page tomorrow where you'll see all the winging from pax who ordered UberX and didn't get Ice Cream :rolleyes:

Happens every "promo"!

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
When I did the red cross pickup in Jan I had 2 pax give me their clothes than proceed to get in my car..

I am like no i am clothes only you need to order fuberX o_O

·
Registered
565 Posts
PRO TIP: We suggest calling your rider after accepting a trip request to confirm that they intended to request a ride with uberx!

& whilst you're calling them, ask them where they are going, if its too short, tell them to bugger off :cool:

·
Registered
991 Posts
I got some BS email about ice-cream. I glanced at it, and wondered what this had to do with driving pax around. I think Uber has an over enthusiastic and over paid marketing graduate who has delusions of adequacy.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
They were probably trying to ramp up UberEATS before the official launch... trying to show off about how good they are at delivering food quickly (before it melts/goes cold)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts