Uber Drivers Forum banner

Should Uber eliminate the delivering of alcohol?

• Yes

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 50.0%
61 - 61 of 61 Posts

Β·
Premium Member
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Any driver who willingly accepts them is an idiot.
So Uber expects me to not only verify age via I.D., but also wants me to confirm that the customer is not inebriated, or something along those lines.
Oh yeah, here's the kicker. I really love the disclaimer/warning from Uber to the driver that serving minors and/or those who are inebriated may result in criminal prosecution.
So let me get this straight.
1. As a driver I have never received any training in the serving of alcohol, unlike that of a bartender, liquor store employee etc.
2. I am not an expert in recognizing valid I.D. versus fake I.D.
3. I am not an expert in determining one's state of inebriation/drunkenness.
4. And I'm expected to accept any and all responsibility if something negative should occur from delivering alcohol so I can make like $10.
😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐😐
'Effffff that BS!
So think about it very carefully. If you as a driver still feel it's worth the risk, go for it. However, if you have any common sense, you'll decline each, and every delivery involving alcohol.
PS: Be carefull of Walmart orders with beer/wine. No upfront warning. Happened to me last week. As I see the case of beer in the cart I told the Walmart employee "Forget it. No way!" Made them unload the groceries and called the customer to make them cancel, informing them why! They were somwhat upset but IDGAF. Blame it on Uber, not me!
So the voting is an even spit, 50% Yes / 50% No. Not suprised!

61 - 61 of 61 Posts