Uber Drivers Forum banner

Should Uber eliminate the delivering of alcohol?

• Yes

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 7 50.0%
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

Premium Member
You would think this was complicated listening to some! 馃榿. It鈥檚 not rocket science and a little common sense goes a long way.

Sometimes you would think that some of these people don鈥檛 live in the real world on this forum. I remember once disclosing that I sold cheap cigars I bought at the gas station for $2 to drunks for $10 on the drunk shift. Some idiots jumped all over me because it was going to be a problem documenting this and reporting the income to the IRS. I was warned that by some mysterious way I was going to get caught in an IRS audit or that the ATF would have undercover cops riding in my car! :LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

As if there would ever be a scenario where I sold a cigar for $10 cash and then report it to the authorities! :ROFLMAO:

Never mind @Guido-TheKillerPimp, he鈥檚 a dissertation in inconsistency waiting to be studied in a lab somewhere! He drives down the road sucking on a PBR listening to a Whitesnake 8-track while having panic attacks that he might accidentally deliver a 12 pack of Natty Daddy鈥檚 to a 13 year old girl!
Eric Garner would like a word with.. ops. Cops killed him for selling single cigarettes on the street.

Premium Member
I used to drive for Yellow in San Francisco back in the 70's and 80's.
I had a large backpack that was just for 'bottle service'.
I'd start a shift with two bottles each of whisky and vodka. One each of tequila, and gin. They were the cheapest bottles I could find. I think I paid $5 or so each.
I had a deal with the dispatch girls to get sent for alcohol delivery. I'd charge $20 each for them, and after 2am I'd get it too.

Some of the guys sold drugs, some sold girls, some sold stolen stuff ... we all had our hussel.

I didn't check ID.
I didn't do a blood alcohol analysis.

It was a different time. We were free back then.

But hey, do what you want!
My comment was neutral.

I do not do deliveries. Given Uber's garbage rates and the probability of receiving a parking summons that approaches 1, that alone is not worth the bother. Alcohol and other factors only add to it.

Back in the day when station waggons were large, we had night cab drivers who had mini-bars set up in the back of the thing. They sold drinks for jacked up prices and the people paid.

Reactions: Trafficat

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I'd start a shift with two bottles each of whisky and vodka. One each of tequila, and gin. They were the cheapest bottles I could find. I think I paid $5 or so each.
I had a deal with the dispatch girls to get sent for alcohol delivery. I'd charge $20 each for them, and after 2am I'd get it too.

Some of the guys sold drugs, some sold girls, some sold stolen stuff ... we all had our hussel.

I didn't check ID.
I didn't do a blood alcohol analysis.

In that case its worth it. No paper trail. But your comparing apples and oranges.

Premium Member
Listen
Really? Best payout I ever saw was $20. Again, regardless of the payout, the inherent risk, no matter how small is NOT worth it. But hey, do what you want!
So, the small inherent risk you take driving, where dies that fit in? Or for that matter, the risk we take just getting out of bed each day? For such a tough typist, I'm shocked that you are huddled under your covers in fear. You are more likely to get shot for running your mouth to passengers like you claim to do than getting into an issue with an alcohol delivery.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
So, the small inherent risk you take driving, where dies that fit in? Or for that matter, the risk we take just getting out of bed each day? For such a tough typist, I'm shocked that you are huddled under your covers in fear. You are more likely to get shot for running your mouth to passengers like you claim to do than getting into an issue with an alcohol delivery.
The point is that delivering booze is willfully accepting additional risk for the pittance in pay you already receive. You wanna' do it? Great, go for it. Just not the smartest decision, IMO.

Premium Member
Back in the day when station waggons were large, we had night cab drivers who had mini-bars set up in the back of the thing. They sold drinks for jacked up prices and the people paid.
I drove a Ford LTD Station Wagon.
Yea ... number 12.
The original Dirty Dozen.

Sometimes dispatch would just call me by saying: "Duz".
"Duz to Finoccio's for VIP"
or
"Duz, don't forget your timed airport from Nob Hill."

That thing was a facking BEAST. Cars would BOUNCE offa me. LoL.
I got lot of airport calls.
I could move a family of four in that damn thing; with their furniture.

Got 12 miles to the gallon (dirty dozen?).
That 390 cubic inch motor purred like a kitten; unless you kicked in that passing gear, then it roared like a ruptured lion.
Didn't care cause gas was pennies a gallon.

Collected on many tips in the back of that thing; and the springs always held up.
LoL

Oh, to be 20, in San Francisco in 1975 again ... sigh.

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Window

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Uber tried to back door a liquor delivery with me by hitting me with a ping for 7-11 through Postmates and when I discovered it I just cancelled because I refuse to deliver alcohol for Uber when they skirt the rules.
Exactly! They tried the same with me on a
7-11 delivery as well. When I opened up the order to see what it was, sure enough, two bottles of wine. F that, CANCEL!!!

Premium Member
My opinion. These drunks . You cant tell there drunk. There always drunk.
I did one for door dash . The guy could not find a picture id of any kind with a birthday on it .
I would not give him the liquor. No NoNO ! The guy tried to threaten me ! I was a repo man so i know how to handle this kind of person . Stand your ground . I told him whats up mother blank !!! Get your hands off the bottle NOW !!!! All this for 7 bucks . I told him to go back inside . I knew he was not going to do anything experience .
Then a call to door dash 10 minutes long . bla bla bla . Me all this for 7 bucks ! Never again . I got to keep the liquor.
Real trash tittos vodka . 14 a bottle . Perfect for cleaning

A poster above said tips are amazing lmao. I have seen orders for 2.25 with liquor . Tips are shit for liquor most of the time .
These people have problems with liquor. They do not have money to tip.
My advice is unless the order is very good and in a great location PASS. Liquor is a serious safety situation. Do not get yourself into it please . Now for instacart . I have done many liquor orders of beer and wine along with groceries .
They all went smoothly .

Premium Member
Uber tried to back door a liquor delivery with me by hitting me with a ping for 7-11 through Postmates and when I discovered it I just cancelled because I refuse to deliver alcohol for Uber when they skirt the rules.
I don't mind 'skirting' some rules.
Hell, I live in the gray zone.

But, it's got to be worth it TO ME.
I had my bag of cheap booze that I'd sell: but, you want me to go to the likker store and pick up a bottle?
Here's the deal: What ever the bottle costs, we double it. The meter starts running as soon as I get to the parking lot of the store. A bottle of average booze, (Jim Beam for example) could cost $100. Deal?
I delivered a case of champagne to a wedding once ... delivery fee alone was over $100, and that was back when a hundred bux was money.

Registered
Eric Garner would like a word with.. ops. Cops killed him for selling single cigarettes on the street.
Mr. Garner died because he resisted arrest not because he sold a cig. Still horrible what happened to him but no reason to twist the narrative.

Yea ... number 12.
The original Dirty Dozen.

Sometimes dispatch would just call me by saying: "Duz".
"Duz to Finoccio's for VIP"
or
"Duz, don't forget your timed airport from Nob Hill."
The only one for which anyone ever did a "dozen" in any place that I dispatched was Number Forty Eight, either "Four Duz" or "Four Dozen".

We did use "Double Three" for Thirty Three, "Double Deuce" for Twenty Two, and either "Double Eight", "Double Late" or "Doubly Late" for Eighty Eight. In fact, often a cab with an "Eight" in its number had "Late" substituted for "Eight", except for Plain Old Number Eight. We did use "Single Three" for one driver, as he had a hard time with English and kept confusing his number with "Double Three" and "Triple Three". We once had a guy who drove Triple Three who had spent a few years on a grate before he tried to straighten out his life. It was a long project for him. We used to call him "Ripple Three". You never heard "Double One, "Double Aces" or "Pair of Aces", although you did hear the last one in Baltimore.

There was one piece of radio jive in the Capital of Your Nation that I never used. There were some guys who had numbers such as "655", "566", "488", "177". Drivers and dispatchers alike called them "Six-double", "Five double", "Four double", "One double", respectively. When I first heard it as a driver, I had thought that they were for "66", "55", "44" and "11". I considered it confusing, thus I never used that radio jive. When the driver bid "Six Double",. I knew who it was, but I acknowledged him as "Six-Five-Five".

There is a large apartment building on Massachusetts Avenue, N.W. that has the address of 1234. We used to call that one "ABCD".. There is no 1224 36th St, in any quadrant, here, so we do not have a "One Dozen, Two Dozen, Three Dozen". The block exists only in the Northwest Quadrant, here, and the lowest number in that block is 1226.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
My opinion. These drunks . You cant tell there drunk. There always drunk.
I did one for door dash . The guy could not find a picture id of any kind with a birthday on it .
I would not give him the liquor. No NoNO ! The guy tried to threaten me ! I was a repo man so i know how to handle this kind of person . Stand your ground . I told him whats up mother blank !!! Get your hands off the bottle NOW !!!! All this for 7 bucks . I told him to go back inside . I knew he was not going to do anything experience .
Then a call to door dash 10 minutes long . bla bla bla . Me all this for 7 bucks ! Never again . I got to keep the liquor.
Real trash tittos vodka . 14 a bottle . Perfect for cleaning

A poster above said tips are amazing lmao. I have seen orders for 2.25 with liquor . Tips are shit for liquor most of the time .
These people have problems with liquor. They do not have money to tip.
My advice is unless the order is very good and in a great location PASS. Liquor is a serious safety situation. Do not get yourself into it please . Now for instacart . I have done many liquor orders of beer and wine along with groceries .
They all went smoothly .
Agreed. Excellent points! 馃憣

Premium Member
So I haven't done eat's in a while, but you never know I might want to turn it on. So if i'm understanding right you can opt out, but then they give you alcohol runs anyway?

21 - 40 of 61 Posts