Uber Drivers Forum banner

Airport today

5K views 92 replies 23 participants last post by  BlueSkies 
#1 ·
Got a message from uber saying there were zero cars waiting at the staging lots today... I was literally a 1/4 mile away from the east lot when the message came through so I decided to head over. At least 30 cars waiting and sat around for 20 minutes to finally get a ping that wasn't even from the airport! Ended up being a trip to the airport for $2.56 from the Hilton off University. Thanks uber.

#5 ·
I ignore any and all correspondence from Goober.

It's never beneficial because they're sending it out to the other 5,000 dummies on the road as well. Lol
Speaking of dummies, I'm at baggage claim in Term 4 waiting on my clan to get here and the monitors on the carousels are advertising for Uber X. Now I'm thinking to myself, 4 people @ baggage claim (not just carry on). How the hell will they fit in the majority of X vehicles. What I've seen most of the time is that X drivers use a vehicle that would be hard pressed to fit a 12 pack in their trunk much less 4 checked and 4 carry on bags.

#9 ·
I worked the Airport yesterday for a great ride down there $23. Got a great ride out of there $23. I ended getting other rides and a ride back down after a bit for $26. Then I lost 3 hrs of shit $3-7 rides. Then got another $24 ride to the four seasons.

You know how bad it is when your excited about a $24 ride. That's horrible that's peanuts!
I guess there's always that chance of a Tucson ride!

#18 ·
I worked the Airport yesterday for a great ride down there $23. Got a great ride out of there $23. I ended getting other rides and a ride back down after a bit for $26. Then I lost 3 hrs of shit $3-7 rides. Then got another $24 ride to the four seasons.

You know how bad it is when your excited about a $24 ride. That's horrible that's peanuts!
I guess there's always that chance of a Tucson ride!
This is why I mostly drive surge only. Of course during the summer months I work very little (8 hours per week at most) and make little $, but I feel cheated when I only get paid $24 on such a long ride.

#26 ·
I guess Uber just really works for me. I paid $12,000 cash for my van. 50,000 miles on it. I've already made my money back and then some. My annual vehicle maintenhance includes brakes, tires, oil changes and car washes. All of which I do myself. I plan on driving this van for at least another 4 years.

#30 ·
Well you paid the right price for a xl vehicle. You must of done your homework. You've lowered your car expenses and you're on a platform that still pays a decent mileage rate. Now if you can run mostly xl fares and surge fares you should be alright. Driving a new high dollar xl vehicle at uberx rates is a money loser. You seem to be on a profitable course with uber if there is such a thing.

#31 ·
You know the best thing no one realizes?? Pre-uber people hated the idea of driving cabs. Cabbies and chauffeurs were looked down upon. No one respected us. It was the shittiest of shitty jobs in the minds of mass America. With the advent of uber now everyone and their mother is a "cabbie" and forgot all about the stigma. It's the cool thing to do now boys and girls but us seasoned drivers will survive at the end of this.

#32 ·
It's the cool thing to do now boys and girls but us seasoned drivers will survive at the end of this.
I don't know about "it's the cool thing", but you are very much correct about "drivers will survive". And that's about all an Uber driver will do putting in 60 hours a week, just survive. Of course after 3 or 4 years of driving and it's time to buy a new vehicle, now this will really tell us about the survival game.

#42 ·
Actually the decision I made was based upon Total Transit s program for vouchers. It was a pretty good deal when I decided to buy a used car that fit their criteria to drive for then. Driving for Uber was something I did to fill in the gaps between vouchers. Things were going well at first and then Total Transit changed their standards as well as their software. There was also a change with the insurance coverage that was critical in my decision to return to driving cab.

It's obvious that the market is segmented more than it has ever been. I've had an extremely busy month and was not planning to work this weekend but I am going to roll the dice since the powers that be have made the likelihood of a good weekend very high.

#49 ·
Went to pickup at terminal 4 today on south side and this ignorant ***** driving a goober black car pulled along side of me and another car picking up and would not move until she got her passenger. Just shows how petty people can be
Forget Celebrity Boxing. Uber Boxing coming to an airport near you. Get your front row seats to watch $.60 a mile try to take on airport champion $.90 a mile. On a side note, is Uber going to try to get pick up privileges out at Mesa Gateway?

#48 ·
Sick of the airport. I will never do pickups there again. The waiting time is never accurate. I've arrived there and it says 13-23 minutes but have waited an hour or more, only to get a ride to a nearby airport hotel for $3.

Never again.

Sometimes you get lucky and get a ride to North phoenix or Casa Grande but those are rare.

Never ever again.

#60 ·
I've come to the conclusion from reading his last several posts that BillyBob444 is quite a Richard Cranium!
You are right seat. I am a d**k head when it come to people who think they know it all. Mr 5 thinks he is way better than us common folk because he claims to drive a limo making "the big bucks". I am sure he is a legend in is own mind but lets not go there. I have been in the transportion business for alot of years and only doing goober to pass the time and make a little golf money but mr 5 knows it all so have fun a**wipe

#61 ·
Mr 5 thinks he is way better than us common folk because he claims to drive a limo making "the big bucks". I have been in the transportion business for alot of years
A '15 Escalade is a SUV not a limo. For someone that has "been in the transportation business for alot of years" I expected you to know the difference. But how intelligent can you actually be driving for $.70 a mile with all that experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.