Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they any good? We cant haul passengers back so there are dead miles and lost time. My inital thought was these rides were good because of the total $ for the ride. I am also pretty sick of loading suitcases and bags only to not be tipped. We are helping these people with cheap fares, (cheaper than taxi) and they dont seem to appreciate it. The more time goes on the more it irks me that people are being so cheap.....its weird. The work ones may irk me the most as those expenses are reimbursed.

I may start refusing airport rides....may be better if i wait to cancel once i see them with their bags waiting :) ( maybe just the corporate guys & gals)

Screw it may just avoid all suitcase and bag passengers period, airport or not.

Thoughts.

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
It depends on where you are, some cities allow airport pick ups. In some cities the airport is geofenced meaning you can't get a request there at all while some allow it but you risk a ticket. I'm not sure what Unknown, USA allows.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It depends on where you are, some cities allow airport pick ups. In some cities the airport is geofenced meaning you can't get a request there at all while some allow it but you risk a ticket. I'm not sure what Unknown, USA allows.
AYE , You never know whose watching... ;) . But it's geofenced here.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Here, airport trips are the sweetest. A 15-20 mile trip that could take 45 minutes or longer. But yes, deadheading on the way back.

·
Registered
3,244 Posts
In the Chicago area (no pickups right now) they suck for city drivers, Midway is OK in good traffic for suburban drivers, and O'Hare can be great for suburban drivers. The best hour I ever had with Uber involved dropping off 3 different pax at O'Hare in just over an hour.

·
Registered
423 Posts
In Denver, airport runs are what fuels the Uber community. I wouldnt care if I just did airport runs all day - but we are lucky in the sense that we can pick up and drop off at multiple levels at DIA. An Uber Black fare from DIA to downtown Denver is approx $100 (23 miles and around 30 mins)

·
24,201 Posts
All airports are good here on Uber Taxi.

National is allright, on UberX here.

Dulles and Friendship not so good on UberX.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts