Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Sorry Rob, I am usually the Colchester Uber guy but I was on a Caribbean Cruise the past two weeks.. PM me for some easier contact details for the future as I know Colchester can be difficult to find drivers... I live in town

·
Registered
168 Posts
On his last request a month ago he was looking for an Uber ride from Colchester to Bradley. I PM'd him and he finally responded that his plans had changed. His user name in proportion to his writing style just didn't jive (In my warped world) but no harm - no foul.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I have it but am not sure how. To use it. No matter, I am sitting at a rating of 4.47 and am waiting for the dismissal letter. How I hit this low is a mystery but at least I can walk away knowing I tried
If your done registering just search for UBER CT and younwill find us.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
I have it but am not sure how. To use it. No matter, I am sitting at a rating of 4.47 and am waiting for the dismissal letter. How I hit this low is a mystery but at least I can walk away knowing I tried
POST # 9/barbara shaffer: "Ahoy!" and
Welcome to the
UP.Net Forums from Post T.S. Erika Marco
Island, on Florida's Wild SSW Coast.

Barbara, there are a MONTH'S worth of
Reading, in Posts & Replies, on the
"Ratings" Forum. Please avail Yourself
thereof! Meanwhile, prepare to decide
whether the $100 Remedial Training
Course is what's next for You, if You
want to stay "connected" to this
wretched racket whose #Pickpocket
$Billionaire CEO wants to replace You
with a Robotic Tesla ASAP.

Mentoring Bison: NOT sugar-coated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thank you for your advise- while I understand there are times for remedial education, and, apparently there is something wrong with how I am handling things with respect to my driving, I would like the opportunity to address the issues on my own first. I have sent numerous emails to CT Uber asking what the comments were so I could take action. As of the writing of this reply I have heard nothing.
Quitter I am not, when I start a job I am all in, If I did something wrong I ask what it is, then I correct and continue. I have no clue what I have done wrong. I am just waiting for what happens next

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hello Barbara, a 4.47 rating is of course relative to the quantity and quality of service that you provide. Not knowing how many trips that you've made can easily be affected by only one "4" rating. I remember my second trip earned me a 4 just because the rider never gave a 5. I know this because I picked her up again and she was thrilled that it was me. I actually brought up her "4" rating from the previous time and explained UBER's madness of their rating system. She understood and gave me a "5" rating and unless any future Uber Drivers were shitheads, she'd give them a "5" too.

In those early days I provided a cold bottle of water and a 10' charging cable. Today, just the charging cable though I have a cooler filled with water in the trunk.

Back to you- with Uber CT seeking drivers especially in Hartford, good drivers are hard to find. With you proactively seeking feedback from Uber about your ratings and how to improve, I would hope that they see this as a conscientious attempt by you to improve.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Thanks for the Heads Up!!!
Well my caution was aimed at a potential enforcement sting against you. If airport GUberX pins are legal for you then no worries. Many airports prohibit GUberx from legally servicing on premises and anecdotal information from the field suggests enforcement actions are increasing nationwide. Thus my friendly but perhaps uneccessary "heads up". I come in peace, mostly.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Thank you for your advise- while I understand there are times for remedial education, and, apparently there is something wrong with how I am handling things with respect to my driving, I would like the opportunity to address the issues on my own first. I have sent numerous emails to CT Uber asking what the comments were so I could take action. As of the writing of this reply I have heard nothing.
Quitter I am not, when I start a job I am all in, If I did something wrong I ask what it is, then I correct and continue. I have no clue what I have done wrong. I am just waiting for what happens next
And holding my breath awaiting GUbers reply to you. Counting, 1,2,3,4... I intend to cease counting at 10,000. One way or another.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
Hello Barbara, a 4.47 rating is of course relative to the quantity and quality of service that you provide. Not knowing how many trips that you've made can easily be affected by only one "4" rating. I remember my second trip earned me a 4 just because the rider never gave a 5. I know this because I picked her up again and she was thrilled that it was me. I actually brought up her "4" rating from the previous time and explained UBER's madness of their rating system. She understood and gave me a "5" rating and unless any future Uber Drivers were shitheads, she'd give them a "5" too.

In those early days I provided a cold bottle of water and a 10' charging cable. Today, just the charging cable though I have a cooler filled with water in the trunk.

Back to you- with Uber CT seeking drivers especially in Hartford, good drivers are hard to find. With you proactively seeking feedback from Uber about your ratings and how to improve, I would hope that they see this as a conscientious attempt by you to improve.
POST # 17/Zoots Alures: Very Nice
Job of
NUberer Mentoring here! Well-done, Sir!

Bison Admires.
Bison Inspires!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.