Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well lax is pretty much a done deal. Ants has won the game at lax. There is little to no surge at lax. How about JWA, bob hope and one of my fav ((lb airport) is it still worth doing airport pick up

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
good ? LBC airport usually has a low # in the queue. But the times I've done it, most are headed to the O.C. or close by. I don't do Bur a lot. And JWA has always pissed me off because a lot of shorties. Unless, I'm driving some1 to JWA.

·
Premium Member
14,262 Posts
I am planning to drive 24 hrs non stop to see how much I can make ;)
I've don't that... $500

Don't really pick up at jwa also. Never like that place so much. Ya I am gonna see how lb is today. Didn't drive last weekend, Labor Day and yesterday. Time to get back at it
John Wayne is over saturated with ants desperate to give a two mile ride. I've gotten a San Bernardino and a Carlsbad trip from there but those were super rare. It wasn't so bad a few months ago before the surge was capped, I got a few 3.4x runs to Anaheim, but that party is over.

Long Beach is not as flooded with ants and good for trips into OC so long as you refuse all the pools. BUT the volume of flights is really low, as in you can go hours without a plane landing.

·
Premium Member
5,131 Posts
well lax is pretty much a done deal. Ants has won the game at lax. There is little to no surge at lax. How about JWA, bob hope and one of my fav ((lb airport) is it still worth doing airport pick up
There's plenty of surge at LAX, except uber charges the pax surge and pays us base. Only once in a while uber will throw us a bone and pay us some kind of surge

You know how I know? I know what it costs base fare to get an uber from LAX to my house. If the upfront pricing they quote me is higher (sometimes 2x or more) then they are charging the pax surge while giving me base.

I hate ants as much as the next guy but make no mistake: LAX is not rarely surging because there are tons of ants in the queue. It's because uber is just not paying drivers surge.

I know that there are not an unusually excessive amount of ants ha hung around LAX because when I do choose to take a base rate ride from LAX I get a ride fairly quickly.

If anything, this constant base rate at LAX is making the ants quit sooner than they would otherwise. So I suppose uber is really screwing themselves and they don't know it

·
Premium Member
3,099 Posts
I saw the queue at lax at 5 or below for like almost an hour with no surge. Do you think Uber is purposely displaying a low queue count to entice drivers there, or to mess with the surge chasers making them think surge was about to happen. I drove through the pen and saw it full. No way all but 2 people had their apps off.

·
Registered
7,084 Posts
Train stations?
That would be better than LBG and JWA, I get LBG pings all the time as I'm passing it on the freeway. Not worth it.

Funny thing about JWA is a lot of the outside pings are better than the airport pings... and back before it had its own surge they were definetlty better.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
There is life after the airports you know...
That's a big problem. Too many lazy drivers who only/mostly do LAX. There is good money elsewhere, but they won't know how/where to find it when the lean months come and they're starving in the pig pen.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to add my weekly "IT'S WEDNESDAY!" comment to this thread.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.