Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up with the airport pings? Lately, I've been sitting there in queue and receiving pings from 8-15 minutes away. I don't accept these rides because I'm at the airport for a reason, then I go from 4th in line to 24th....

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
What's up with the airport pings? Lately, I've been sitting there in queue and receiving pings from 8-15 minutes away. I don't accept these rides because I'm at the airport for a reason, then I go from 4th in line to 24th....
I don't stage at the airport, but it has been weird the last couple days. I've been getting pings from 10 to 15 minutes away, usually pool. I let them time out and then usually get one closer almost immediately. Today I got one for 12 minutes away, Uber cancelled it and notified me they had matched me with a closer rider 6 minutes away.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
I seem to be reliably getting Pool at the airport lately. Had a couple of mongolian girls show up with 5 huge suitcases. I had to cancel the second ride because I couldn't have fit their suitcase. I decided after that that if you are more than 1.5 suitcase per rider, I will recommend you cancel and order X. If you won't cancel, then I'll cancel you and drive dead back out of the airport.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
From airport staging it has been my experience that you can only ignore 1 request that comes from outside the airport. Anytime I have ignored more then one I have been put in time out and lost my place in que. I believe pool riders are limited to only one bag each person. Still, if those bags are large you can only fit two in my corolla's trunk.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
From airport staging it has been my experience that you can only ignore 1 request that comes from outside the airport. Anytime I have ignored more then one I have been put in time out and lost my place in que. I believe pool riders are limited to only one bag each person. Still, if those bags are large you can only fit two in my corolla's trunk.
According to the clowns that respond to Uber Help, there is no limit. I actually asked after this incident because I was curious about their policy. I personally think that Pool rides should not be allowed from the airport, for reasons such as this, and the inevitable 5 minute wait for the first or second rider while they try to find their arses.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Getting pings staging at McCarren airport is the worst. A lot of times there will be a surge of 2.5x at the airport when I'm staging there, and then I'll get a ping at either Terminal 3 or Car Rental Center with zero surge.
Now I just ignore any pings more than 8 minutes away from the airport, or just cancel if I just ignored the previous ping so I won't lose my place in the queue.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
It's hard to ignore the car rental pings since it is attached to the airport in Uberworld. I've only had two picks there. One was a couple of hoodrats that had rented a car and now needed a ride home, and the other was some gubment workers here on business that got tired of waiting for a rental car. The latter was a $10 tip.

I do wish they detached car rental from airport. I wouldn't at all mind hitting it if I'm on Sunset or Warm Springs.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Uber needs to get rid of pool completely ,but they keep it because there are drivers in Vegas that are willing to drive for less than .90 a mile.When they drop the rates the same drivers that drive pool trips will ultimately be the ones driving for less than .90 a mile
According to the clowns that respond to Uber Help, there is no limit. I actually asked after this incident because I was curious about their policy. I personally think that Pool rides should not be allowed from the airport, for reasons such as this, and the inevitable 5 minute wait for the first or second rider while they try to find their arses.[

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Worst ping ever from airport staging lot was a pick up at Tahiti Village. As soon as I went through the tunnel the pax cancelled, before 5 minutes so no cancel fee. Now I'm out of the airport queue, so I would have to go back to the end of the queue and start over, I said no deal and moved on.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
Worst ping ever from airport staging lot was a pick up at Tahiti Village. As soon as I went through the tunnel the pax cancelled, before 5 minutes so no cancel fee. Now I'm out of the airport queue, so I would have to go back to the end of the queue and start over, I said no deal and moved on.
Ugggh

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Uber needs to get rid of pool completely ,but they keep it because there are drivers in Vegas that are willing to drive for less than .90 a mile.When they drop the rates the same drivers that drive pool trips will ultimately be the ones driving for less than .90 a mile
They keep pool because they make more money with the multiple booking fees and less then transparent pricing. Refuse pool long enough and ultimately a driver will be deactivated. UBers goal is to make MOST rides pool. It's their baby.

That right there is a real pisser!

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
They keep pool because they make more money with the multiple booking fees and less then transparent pricing. Refuse pool long enough and ultimately a driver will be deactivated. UBers goal is to make MOST rides pool. It's their baby.
That's true, picked up a pax one day that told me about an Uber driver he had in another city that said he was deactivated for ignoring too many pool rides. He said the driver told him that he was eventually reinstated but with a strong warning from Uber not to ignore pool rides.

·
Premium Member
1,686 Posts
Today I pulled into airport staging and there were literally only 5 cars in the whole lot. Instant 2.5x to Fremont. :)
Nice!!!

I had one on Friday, pulled into the lot the queue showed 1 car, got pinged before I could even pull into a parking spot. The usual Lyft drivers tailgate party was taking place too. They just stood there bs'ing as I circled around them heading for the exit.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
I seem to be reliably getting Pool at the airport lately. Had a couple of mongolian girls show up with 5 huge suitcases. I had to cancel the second ride because I couldn't have fit their suitcase. I decided after that that if you are more than 1.5 suitcase per rider, I will recommend you cancel and order X. If you won't cancel, then I'll cancel you and drive dead back out of the airport.
Taking Charge...Not your Fortae

Today I pulled into airport staging and there were literally only 5 cars in the whole lot. Instant 2.5x to Fremont. :)
WOW! Good for U! No Way! Just like Pete Rose Sat next ...to me

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
When i drove in around 12:30, didn't even stop, got the 2.5 ping and was on my way. Made me wonder, does airport ever get past 2.5 on the surge meter ?
Nope..they cap airport at 2.5. When I pulled in to get my rider the pick up area was crammed full of people. They had to be pinging people from way outside the airport which was surging too. They may have to raise the cap if this continues or they will lose airport business back to the taxis.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.