Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are airport pickups going since state laws changed? Are they still cracking down? Advice for picking up riders?

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
They're still trying to come up with a game plan on how to approach UberX at the airport. Also new regulations coming for limousine operators too...not just the airport. They had an open forum of all the big limo companies at the airport a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They're still trying to come up with a game plan on how to approach UberX at the airport. Also new regulations coming for limousine operators too...not just the airport. They had an open forum of all the big limo companies at the airport a few weeks ago.
I'm dropping my son off at the Airport and thought i might log on. Anyone currently doing pick ups please chime in.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Pick up at your own risk!!! It remains illegal, and there are studies being conducted for the ground transportation future at ATL. I can tell you this, Uber will be allowed to operate at the airpot soon enough. However, there will be a fee attached to it. ATL Management is looking at other airports that have allow Uber to operate, and will be making it possible as some point. The limousine companies don't like it, and they have a fair point.

I have issues with the First In First Out (FIFO) procedures for UberBlack/SUV. For some reason this process is causing drivers time to make the pickup, and riders are opting for taxicabs??? I speak to all my frequent travelers, and the response is always the same. It is not convenient for them after a hard week, and they just want to get home quickly, so they opt for a taxicab.

Wish we had access to management to discuss what is going on in the market. My schedule doesn't allow me to go to the meetings, soooooooo......

·
Registered
393 Posts
FIFO at ATL airport is not needed. Uber already have the terminals geofenced out. I don't know why they implemented FIFO.
To level the playing field. There is a lot going on at the airport that I can't comment on in a forum. The system has gotten rigged, so they implemented the FIFO process.

The key here is that it has been confirmed that there is the capability to direct trips to specific partners......Huh!!!!!

I recently had a pick up in Midtown early morning at a bar. First rider who made the request had me drop him on tenth st. at the Fed Bank where his car was parked. The second rider wanted me to take him to decatur, so I had him request a car after the drop. I had him wait a couple of minutes, and he made the request in my back seat. An SUV a block away got the trip....twice. What up with that????

Sooooooooooo,

Many have chosen to utilize the Uber Financing Program to purchase a vehicle they can't afford....is Uber feeding these partners trips to survive??? I ask you???

All I can say is that I'v never met an operator that is satisfied with Uber. I love the work, just wish I could make a living at it. The revenue is spotty and inconsistent, with no net profits.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Are Ground Transportation permits still on hold? It was a lot simpler to file the application for the Class B Certificate. I didn't want to file the application with Ground Transportation since the owners of a few companies have told me that they are not available.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
The airport is a whole different ballgame than the state. They have a lot to sort out thanks to Uber screwing things up. The limo operators don't want to go through an extensive process of Uber doesn't have to. I've yet to hear what's going to happen the start of next year.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The airport is a whole different ballgame than the state. They have a lot to sort out thanks to Uber screwing things up. The limo operators don't want to go through an extensive process of Uber doesn't have to. I've yet to hear what's going to happen the start of next year.
Thanks for the feedback. Definately a lot of politics and monopoly going on in Ground Transportation. It went from pickups starting on July 1, than itpushed back to September 1 and now who knows when this will be settled. I didn't want to fill an application and pay fees if everything is on hold.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts