Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not an Uber driver, I am an Airport Shuttle Bus driver.
I understand that we all have to make money but please if you are going to be picking up from the airport please make sure you use the public pickup locations which are lanes 1 and 2.

Do not park in zones L and M which are to the left of zone 1 because these are the bus lanes and in order to uses these you have to pay for a permit from the airport.

The airport is a very unpredictable place that can be slow at one point and then very busy the next, if you think you have time to stop in bus lane chances are you don't and will clog up traffic coming in which leads to unhappy passengers running late for their flights.

I'm not saying don't pick up from the airport because It's too late for that, I'm saying that if you are going to do it, do it properly or otherwise you are going to have unhappy bus drivers like myself behind you blasting the horn which will get the attention of nearby airport security and depending on the day they are having depends on the end result you get.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ouch; does that mean that UbX is now allowed to pick from the airport? Sorry but perhaps this was meant for a taxi thread?

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
All of us should do the right thing at the airport because if we don't it could end in tears for all concerned. We do not belong in the bus lanes so let's respect the drivers' right to be able to do the job without us getting in their way!

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Ouch; does that mean that UbX is now allowed to pick from the airport? Sorry but perhaps this was meant for a taxi thread?
No mate, the geofence still exists around the airport! But if someone calls you and asks to be picked up from the airport make sure you advise them to be in front of the ParkRoyal Hotel or if T4 at the upstairs Pick Up lane

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For more info including a map just google: "Melbourne airport arrivals pick up map" and it should be the second link.

Green lanes are 1 and 2, the red lanes are the bus lanes.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Getting to the T4 pick-up zone
Getting to the T4 drop-off zone

Love T4 drop offs.... SO much easier!

From memory, isn't the drop off, pick up points the same place @ T4? I'll have to take notice, as last time I thought it was. I remember thinking, oh that was odd. Maybe I was wrong. Will take not next time.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Speaking of T4..... Does anyone know how far and easy the walk from T4 to T3 is? I noticed when I was doing a drop off at T4, the signs at the drop off bays, said drop offs for T3/T4.

Might be handy to do some T3 drop offs there in the morning, as the horseshoe is so sloooooow in the mornings before 9am!

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
From memory, isn't the drop off, pick up points the same place @ T4? I'll have to take notice, as last time I thought it was. I remember thinking, oh that was odd. Maybe I was wrong. Will take not next time.
At the top of the ramp the road forks left to Pick Up and right for Drop Off. Take a look at Bob's simulation clips above

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
At the top of the ramp the road forks left to Pick Up and right for Drop Off. Take a look at Bob's simulation clips above
Yeah seen that in the videos.... but have a look at the signs at the drop off area. I swear they said drop off and pickup for T3/T4 last time. I've never done a pickup there, so maybe next time when I have time, I might do a few laps around and have a look and check out the pickup area.

I didn't have a good look last time, but the sign did seem to be a bit strange. I don't like to hang around when doing a uber drop off. So next time I'm out there, I'll do the drop off, then log out of Uber etc, and then come back around and do some laps etc and check the signs and different pickup and drop off points etc at T4.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
The whole signage around T4 is pathetic and coupled with Google Maps having completely lost the plot unless you know where you're going you could end up anywhere. Just try and leave T4 dropoff and go to T1-T3 dropoff or head to Sunbury. Unless you received an A++ for clairvoyance skills you will get lost

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
The whole signage around T4 is pathetic and coupled with Google Maps having completely lost the plot unless you know where you're going you could end up anywhere. Just try and leave T4 dropoff and go to T1-T3 dropoff or head to Sunbury. Unless you received an A++ for clairvoyance skills you will get lost
Yeah its a little tricky while learning the ropes. Thats why I was a little thrown the other day when I seen it said you can do T3/T4 drop offs at T4. I was wondering how close T3 is for paxs, as I might start using it during the busy times if its close.

Then I seen a sign that said pickup/drop offs at the t4 drop offs. I'm like, oh do they use the same areas? I thought there was a different entry for pickups!?

I really need to spend some time doing laps working out the finer details next time.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts