Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I was waiting in the TNC lot at San Francisco Int'l Airport. I got a ping for a pickup at Terminal 1 and drove to the pickup door. No passenger. During and after the 5-minute waiting period, I tried several times to call the passenger, but the call was always dropped.

Then I checked the destination: "MGM Grand," which is not a hotel in San Francisco but Las Vegas. The system had given me a pickup at the wrong airport!

After I contacted Lyft, they removed the cancellation from my score and gave me a $5 cancellation fee. It wasn't much compensation for what had taken 40 minutes, what with wait time. But it was something.

·
25,026 Posts
I received one from an address in Washington. I went to it. No customer appeared. I called. The customer was in Oklahoma.

The funny one here is when the customer gets into a cab and asks to be taken to Dulles Airport. You say "Yes, Sir" and start for Dulles Airport, which is about twenty-eight miles from Downtown. You are on the Access Road, where you can not get off or turn around until you are at Dulles Airport, and the customer asks:

"DCA, that is Dulles Airport, correct? What does the "C" stand for?"

"Sir, DCA is National Airport" (about four to six miles from Downtown, depending on where), "IAD is Dulles Airport".

"Oh" (looks on papers) "It is Reagan Airport, isn't it....can we turn around and go to Reagan Airport*?"

"Not until we are almost at Dulles Airport, Sir. You can not turn around on the Dulles Access Road"

The Rocket Scientist has just turned what should have been about a fifteen to eighteen dollar cab fare into a cab fare over one-hundred dollars. Of course, I do let him know that. So far, I have been fortunate in that the passenger acknowledged that it was his mistake and that he had to pay. In reality, he did not have to pay, his employer pays.

* No one who has lived in Washington for any length of time, even if he is a Republican, calls it "Reagan". It is National Airport.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Having worked for the airlines in the 90s for nearly a decade, I still call it National and I call IAH Houston Intercontinental and NOT George Bush Intercontinental. It's still Sears Tower and it will never be the Willis Tower. You can't rename major buildings/landmarks. People will always refer to them as what they were first known as. It's no longer the Statue of Liberty, but the NY Statue. It's no longer the Eiffel Tower, but now the Paris Tower. What are people thinking? LOL

·
Registered
973 Posts
You can't wait at departures without a pax at curbside. Tickets are $43 and sent to lift without notifying the driver.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts