Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok today I drop the pax in pearson terminal 3 and after that I got ping from airport road and I was on my way and pax call me can you come pick me at terminal 1 arrival. And I told him nop am not allowed to pick you and he say i put different address it's ok and I went there and pick him and drop him safely to dt so I don't know do you think I will be in trouble for picking him thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
Rectangle Slope Line Font Screenshot
I got same ping there was a lady called me and wanted me to pick her up from terminal 1. I said no, then she cancelled was going to 8 Charlotte/DT.
If I am not allowed to pick up from airport, I'm not gonna pick up someone that is the law/rule whatever you name it.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If I were U I would stop ubering for a few weeks and maybe even stop going outside so no one spots you.. My friend sharma did what you did and now he is being sought out by authorities..
Stay home and keep to yourself.. Use ubereats to deliver you food
I'm sorry man.. Your life may never be the same again

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
As long you didn't pick up the pax from the terminals, you then are okay. Even if you didn't, Uber may just add a GTAA pick up fee to the trip. As long you wasn't stopped by GTAA while picking up the pax, you have nothing to worry.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As long you didn't pick up the pax from the terminals, you then are okay. Even if you didn't, Uber may just add a GTAA pick up fee to the trip. As long you wasn't stopped by GTAA while picking up the pax, you have nothing to worry.
Thanks you give me hope I was kinda worried I didn't start my trip from where I pick him I start from airport road where he put his dublicate address

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts
Thanks you give me hope I was kinda worried I didn't start my trip from where I pick him I start from airport road where he put his dublicate address
5000$ fine for illegal taxi plus GTAA fine of 5000$ I think so, i don't think it worth taking a risk as u will be on your own, uber won't help u if u get caught and might terminate u as well

·
Premium Member
2,211 Posts
They have cameras at all the pickup areas so you're not out of the woods yet. If you are a Toronto based driver they have access to your PTC licence by running your plates. Not worth the $25-30 fare

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
5000$ fine for illegal taxi plus GTAA fine of 5000$ I think so, i don't think it worth taking a risk as u will be on your own, uber won't help u if u get caught and might terminate u as well
It does not worth to taking the risk. I would advise the customer to call an platform car (Other than Uberx) which is allowed to operate at Airport or ask them to go on 'Terminal Link Train' and drop off at Viscount Station and order from there at ALT Hotel.

·
Premium Member
7,181 Posts
They have cameras at all the pickup areas so you're not out of the woods yet. If you are a Toronto based driver they have access to your PTC licence by running your plates. Not worth the $25-30 fare
bylaw officer are famous for carrying sting operations, for that u don't even neeed camera, they have the proof on the rider app, wish him good luck for his stupidity

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
A little off topic. I'm in Vaughan and i have a flight at 6:00am. I have to be there 2 Hr before. I'm thinking of taking an Uber x with 4 people, will a driver be available at that time and is an Uber x good enough with 4 luggages? My kids are 6 and 7 and they're in booster seats? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,815 Posts
A little off topic. I'm in Vaughan and i have a flight at 6:00am. I have to be there 2 Hr before. I'm thinking of taking an Uber x with 4 people, will a driver be available at that time and is an Uber x good enough with 4 luggages? My kids are 6 and 7 and they're in booster seats? Thanks.
You'd better request an XL and at least 20 minutes ahead the time you want to leave your house. It will take some time for a XL to arrive. Cost wise, if you don't know, is almost twice as X.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts