Uber Drivers Forum banner

Who would like to see the queue estimate be permit?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Aug 24 -26 2016 in my Driver app I could see a wait time estimate for MCI airport. A few times I could see the actual number of cars waiting. Did anyone else see this, a few people I signed up saw the same thing. What happened to it? Why is it not longer viewable?
Ecoregion Map Infrastructure Slope Font
Ecoregion Map Blue Product World

·
Registered
13 Posts
Never saw that. I just get the occasional text message that wait times are short, and the number of cars in queue.
They must try enhancements, then roll them back. I once received a message, when trying to go off line, that asked if i was going home and could they find me a trip that way. That would be an awesome enhancement.

·
Registered
101 Posts
That's interesting; i've never seen the waiting time show up on my partner app while at the airport and I'm nearing my 1 year anniversary. I think that'd be a nice tool. I've sometimes waiting for 1.5 hrs + with no requests sitting in the airport p/u queue. I usually just look at the incoming flight schedule alongside how many drivers are waiting in the queue (through the passenger app side) and judge from there. Good luck out there and be safe.

UR

·
Registered
14 Posts
On Tuesday as a select car at airport it showed me as 4. It then dropped to 3 then 2 and finally 1. Got a trip right after that. On Friday on arrival it showed me as 1-10. What the hell. Useless info. Better than 10-20 though. Then there are the blue circle segments around the center circle. The number of segments varies from 1 to as many as 4. What the heck do they signify. Have been asking uber help all day. Useless answers. I think they don't know the answer so they just send me canned responses. I will keep trying.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I noticed the same thing last Wednesday with the airport queue showing 50-60. I'd never wait in line for that unless I had 2-3 hours to kill and nothing else going on. I'll only stay if it's 40 or less - from my recent history, that translates to approximately one hour of waiting in queue (incoming flight schedule dependent).

·
Premium Member
1,979 Posts
So last night I had a trip that took me to the airport. After drop off I went to the Cell lot, it said 45 cars waiting. The estimate was always 41-50 cars or something like that, never changed. I decided to wait for a bit to see how fast the estimate went down, and after 5 minutes got a ping for pickup at Termial B. There weren't that many cars in the lot. This was about 8:30PM or so. Had a nice ride down to a $600,000 house in Leawood, no tip. lol And of course Uber screws up the fare.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts