Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Is it possible for PHX to surge? On July 4th I was getting dumb texts from Uber begging me to go to PHX. Of course everywhere BUT the airport was surging. If the airport were at 6X I would have said bye to Tempe and hello to Sky Harbor. I'm not sure it's even allowed to surge.

·
Registered
330 Posts
All of the UberX and Lyft drivers need to get out of the airport.

These non tipping passengers do not deserve a 65% discount for you to lift their bags and tear up your cars for them!
I do Plus on lyft and even though most of the calls are regular I still did $58 in tips today and $66 yesterday on top of the fares so I am not complaining......so the last two days I have done $273.63 for a total of 13 hours

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
I do Plus on lyft and even though most of the calls are regular I still did $58 in tips today and $66 yesterday on top of the fares so I am not complaining......so the last two days I have done $273.63 for a total of 13 hours
danimal85207, on the surface, that number looks pretty impressive for the summer in Phoenix.

I would guess that those tip numbers may be an outlier, but would certainly welcome any future information that you are willing to provide to see if that is sustainable.

That being said, until we know your fuel costs and miles driven to achieve those numbers, we have no idea of your net profit.

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Seems like the lyft airport pick ups are at least tipping. You made almost as much in tips as fares. Good job. I'd stick with lyft if they tip.

·
Registered
386 Posts
If the airport could surge, it would be worth it. However, I only see it as wise when you're fresh off an airport drop and there's no surge downtown or in Tempe.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
BillyBob444. Yes, I do consider myself a professional driver. As such I prefer to be paid accordingly.

Driving non-tipping people and their heavy luggage around at huge discounts does not generally make any business sense at all.
If call driving am overrated and over priced suv or limo then that makes you as a professional driver. The pax get the same ride in my Van but at a much better price. And I do have a chauffeurs license also so I guess then I am a "professional" also

1 - 20 of 30 Posts