Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a driver in Miami since you were able to sit inside the airport and pick people up, before the 'geozone' ever existed, before there were 1,000,000 LUX drivers, and when UberX rates were the same as LUX is now. <sigh>
Anyways, as of this past week I have not been able to get a request from either the MIA or FLL airport. When I look on the rider app, my car doesn't show up. I am a LUX driver, but when I'm at the airport I switch to X/LUX just to get a quick request on X and get the hell out of there. (Not sure how you guys make money or have a life anymore by sitting at the airport for hours as LUX drivers).
I am aware of where the geozone is around the airport and have been successfully been picking up people from the airports since the geozones were first put in place. Have they changed the areas? I see other drivers on the map but I don't see myself. Once I leave the airport I show up on the map and I am able to get requests on X & LUX without a problem. I've emailed Uber about 4 times and haven't gotten a response yet. Kinda sucks that my airport trips are now drop-off only since there's not much action near the airports. Any advice will help

· Premium Member
1,232 Posts
When you are looking on the passenger app and place the ping within the geozone it will only show the next eight cars in the queue. Your car isn't showing up because you aren't within the next eight in line. If you move the ping slightly outside the geozone then your car will appear.
The airport has been really bad lately. There seems to be over 20 Lux drivers waiting there usually. Yesterday I decided to give it s shot to avoid dead miles on my car and it ended up taking over 3 hours to get a ping from MIA.

· Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome, thanks for the reply. I didn't know it only showed the first 8 cars in queue but that is good to know. I don't waste my time any more with LUX at the airport. My last Lux pickup at the airport was during Art Basel because all the other drivers were busy driving in other parts of Miami. You wait 3 hours for a $40 ride to south beach that is really $28 before gas, taxes, wear and tear. So you're looking at $5-7 per hour.

· Registered
106 Posts
I picked up a small fare from FLL yesterday. The Pax told me a driver cancelled on him after calling him and asking him where he is going to. How strange!
Unfortunately, some of our associates do this all the time - as in every fare they accept. Take a look around the forums and you will see drivers are encouraging each other to do this. From what I can see: Uber's aware of it, but simply doesn't care at the moment. They're still a very young startup and nobody really knows what the short-term goals are. Although it's pretty safe to say that driver retention - isn't anywhere near as important to them as is getting new drivers. I'm open to suggestions though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.