Uber Drivers Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are allowed according to Uber. You just can't pick up.

When I drop people I tell them this so they aren't stuck. They can grab any shuttle going to any hotel or parking lot across the interstate then ping.

·
Registered
59 Posts
You can pick up at the airport if you are willing to eat the parking garage fee of $2 or you get your pax to go upstairs to the departures and pick them up there so you don't have to go through the parking garage to pick them up outside baggage claim.

·
Banned
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can pick up at the airport if you are willing to eat the parking garage fee of $2 or you get your pax to go upstairs to the departures and pick them up there so you don't have to go through the parking garage to pick them up outside baggage claim.
What do you mean "you can?" Like, it's allowed, or you do it anyway?

·
Registered
116 Posts
You cannot as a rider request an UberX at the airport terminal. You can only request a black car. When your rider pin is at the airport it does not give you the UberX option. I have tried it several times.
My understanding is we can only drop off UberX Pax and not pick up. As stated in other feeds, the Pax can take a shuttle to a nearby hotel and request from there. That being said, how are you picking at at the airport
Tim? Are you black car, or taking cash?

·
Registered
59 Posts
You cannot as a rider request an UberX at the airport terminal. You can only request a black car. When your rider pin is at the airport it does not give you the UberX option. I have tried it several times.
My understanding is we can only drop off UberX Pax and not pick up. As stated in other feeds, the Pax can take a shuttle to a nearby hotel and request from there. That being said, how are you picking at at the airport
Tim? Are you black car, or taking cash?
No. I haven't actually done a pick up at the airport but no one with Uber has told me I couldn't pick up there and there is nothing in the airport rules specifically saying only taxis can pick up there. In other airports they need a tax/parking sticker thing or a medallion to pick up but that isn't the case at Lambert. I have picked up at Chesterfield airport, the small regional one in the valley, without any issues.

I wasn't aware the app wouldn't give you the option for Uber X. That seems strange to me since there is no rules at the airport to stop Uber other than paying for the garage parking. Is that the issue that Uber is working out? How to do pick ups outside baggage claim and thus add the parking garage fee?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I thinks it's one of the many issues. The black car is licensed to pick up but UberX isn't. When you're in the rider app, if you put the pin close to the airport it only gives you the black car option.
That's why the pax has to go across the street to a hotel or parking garage to get UberX. I even had a pax mention it to me today.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts