Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"[...] We had already been through boarding pass checks, passport checks, scanners, and pat downs. At the gate, each passenger had already had their tickets scanned and we were all walking on the jet bridge to board. It's at this point that most people assume that it is all done: finally we can enjoy some sense of normalcy.

This time was different. Halfway down the jetbridge, there was a new layer of security. Two US Marshals, heavily armed and dressed in dystopian-style black regalia, stood next to an upright machine with a glowing green eye. Every passenger, one by one, was told to step on a mat and look into the green scanner. It was scanning our eyes and matching that scan with the passport, which was also scanned (yet again).

Like everyone else, I complied. What was my choice? I guess I could have turned back at the point, decline to take the flight I had paid for, but it would be unclear what would then happen. After standing there for perhaps 8 seconds, the machine gave the go signal and I boarded."

Read the rest here: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-26/welcome-aboard-first-us-marshals-will-scan-your-retina

·
Premium Member
62,899 Posts
"[...] We had already been through boarding pass checks, passport checks, scanners, and pat downs. At the gate, each passenger had already had their tickets scanned and we were all walking on the jet bridge to board. It's at this point that most people assume that it is all done: finally we can enjoy some sense of normalcy.

This time was different. Halfway down the jetbridge, there was a new layer of security. Two US Marshals, heavily armed and dressed in dystopian-style black regalia, stood next to an upright machine with a glowing green eye. Every passenger, one by one, was told to step on a mat and look into the green scanner. It was scanning our eyes and matching that scan with the passport, which was also scanned (yet again).

Like everyone else, I complied. What was my choice? I guess I could have turned back at the point, decline to take the flight I had paid for, but it would be unclear what would then happen. After standing there for perhaps 8 seconds, the machine gave the go signal and I boarded."

Read the rest here: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-26/welcome-aboard-first-us-marshals-will-scan-your-retina
You have to have " chipped" I.d. to fly domestic commercially.
My state,Louisiana ,was the last to adopt. We had to under federal blackmail or no one from Louisiana could fly !
I have to have a " chipped" I.d. Twics card to work docks and plants that I've worked at all of my life !
You have to have a state I.d. to board a Greyhound Bus now !
You are subject to baggage and body search at a bus station !
Remember when you could flag a bus down on side of road and pay driver ? Remember when you could get bus to drop you off anywhere along the route ?
NO MORE ! ONLY ALLOWED TO BOARD AND DISEMBARK AT BUS STATIONS WITH SEARCH !

ALL OF THE THINGS I WAS TOLD AS A CHILD IN SCHOOL THAT COMMUNIST TOTALITARIAN NATIONS DO,ITS ALL HERE IN AMERICA NOW !

Except Uber passengers. They can make up any name and jump in your car behind you with no picture .

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
You have to have " chipped" I.d. to fly domestic commercially.
My state,Louisiana ,was the last to adopt. We had to under federal blackmail or no one from Louisiana could fly !
I have to have a " chipped" I.d. Twics card to work docks and plants that I've worked at all of my life !
You have to have a state I.d. to board a Greyhound Bus now !
You are subject to baggage and body search at a bus station !
Remember when you could flag a bus down on side of road and pay driver ? Remember when you could get bus to drop you off anywhere along the route ?
NO MORE ! ONLY ALLOWED TO BOARD AND DISEMBARK AT BUS STATIONS WITH SEARCH !

ALL OF THE THINGS I WAS TOLD AS A CHILD IN SCHOOL THAT COMMUNIST TOTALITARIAN NATIONS DO,ITS ALL HERE IN AMERICA NOW !

Except Uber passengers. They can make up any name and jump in your car behind you with no picture .
Exactly! Uber drivers get NO RESPECT!

·
Premium Member
62,899 Posts
Can you re-do the second meme, only with an owl wearing a scholarly sneer?
You want the " Tootsie Pop Owl" asking how many licks does it take to steal the soul of Freedom ?
( the Owl is recuperating,it got hit by a truck chasing the mouse)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE:

"Just recently, in fact, passengers arriving in New York's JFK Airport on a domestic flight from San Francisco were ordered to show their "documents" to border patrol agents in order to get off the plane."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-01/ihre-papiere-bitte-are-we-being-set-national-id-system

. . . A-n-n-d it just keeps on!

"As a result of a study, which found that weapons routinely make it past airport security, the TSA is introducing "more rigorous" and "comprehensive" physical inspections at airports around the country, according to Bloomberg. The security agency, which until now had the option of using five different types of physical pat-downs in the screening line, is eliminating the "options" and replacing them with a single, universal method which would involve heavier groping."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-03/tsa-launches-invasive-pat-downs-more-intimate-contact

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
. . . A a a n n d d, it continues to get worse!

". . . Three days later, they returned from another trip to Canada and were stopped again by CBP.

'One of the officers calls out to me and says, "Hey, give me your phone,"' recalled Shibly. 'And I said, "No, because I already went through this."'

The officer asked a second time.

Within seconds, he was surrounded: one man held his legs, another squeezed his throat from behind. A third reached into his pocket, pulling out his phone. McCormick watched her boyfriend's face turn red as the officer's chokehold tightened.

NBC news examined 25 cases of American citizens recently detained and abused by U.S. Customs officials. In all of these cases, newly "empowered" border agents, eager and willing to channel their latent authoritarian impulses, threatened American citizens, demanding they either hand over their cell phone passwords-or else."

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...-Passwords-Upon-Return-To-U-S?detail=facebook

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wander how many years till we confined to 1 place saying its "too dangrous outside"
These are happening to people flying into or out of the US. The better question is, how much longer until they force this treatment on domestic flights!!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
These are happening to people flying into or out of the US. The better question is, how much longer until they force this treatment on domestic flights!!
That might not be the only thing to worry about. Did you know jetlag could be because of pesticides being sprayed on the plane as you sit there?!?! Its to so called "sterolize" the plane.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
So if I understand all the prior posts, government searches are getting much more invasive and frequent than ever before. From the dates on the links cited, it has all happened since the inauguration of President Trump. I don't suppose it has anything to do with the continuous stream of rhetoric that "bomb throwing foreigners are lurking behind every door" or the constant "fear-mongering" that "enemies are everywhere" or the "media is the enemy of democracy" by certain politicians. What do you think?

·
Registered
8,379 Posts

Fine by me. When they invent a ringpiece scanner is when I'll decline.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So if I understand all the prior posts, government searches are getting much more invasive and frequent than ever before. From the dates on the links cited, it has all happened since the inauguration of President Trump. I don't suppose it has anything to do with the continuous stream of rhetoric that "bomb throwing foreigners are lurking behind every door" or the constant "fear-mongering" that "enemies are everywhere" or the "media is the enemy of democracy" by certain politicians. What do you think?
We have got to get past all this Republican vs. Democrat false paradigm meming. We are being divided and distracted.

It's my personal view that the Deep State allowed (that's right, allowed) Trump to get elected because they know everything's about to blow up and figured he'd be a great scapegoat.

But, yes, I agree that Trump probably barked some orders into the phone to get this ball rolling.

Fine by me. When they invent a ringpiece scanner is when I'll decline.
Guh?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I cant wait till i get my nice place alaska ontop of the world as everyone else in lower 48 turn into zombie shills thinking AI is evolution. But is it the right path of evolution? Theres the path of controled greed and path of opened enlightenment

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Sorry, can not click, "Like" on this one!

I cant wait till i get my nice place alaska ontop of the world as everyone else in lower 48 turn into zombie shills thinking AI is evolution. But is it the right path of evolution? Theres the path of controled greed and path of opened enlightenment
Alaska would have to successfully secede from the Union to make that possible.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts