Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
As Joyce said she "missed it". Retiring to some people might be not having to go to the office after 45 years. To others retiring just might be the end of life. Some people continue to work so that they feel a part of something. You can tell Joyce didn't work for the money. She worked because it gave her a purpose. She felt wanted by her teammates, she felt wanted by the customer. The part that really stands out for me is that her job description was a McDonald's dishwasher, but her everyday smile brought joy and happiness to every customer and fellow employees.
My niece started out working for a McDonalds back in the early 80's when she was 16. After some very hard work and some tuition assistance she is now a regional VP of Marketing for the McDonalds Corporation. Success is easier achieved with hard work. And we all know that the only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As Joyce said she "missed it". Retiring to some people might be not having to go to the office after 45 years. To others retiring just might be the end of life. Some people continue to work so that they feel a part of something. You can tell Joyce didn't work for the money. She worked because it gave her a purpose. She felt wanted by her teammates, she felt wanted by the customer. The part that really stands out for me is that her job description was a McDonald's dishwasher, but her everyday smile brought joy and happiness to every customer and fellow employees.
My niece started out working for a McDonalds back in the early 80's when she was 16. After some very hard work and some tuition assistance she is now a regional VP of Marketing for the McDonalds Corporation. Success is easier achieved with hard work. And we all know that the only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.
I do this and trucking. If someone said i can have a desk job that would pay twice as much as what im doing for uber and trucking i wouldnt take it. I love driveing. I love experiencing new things in life seeing whats out there in the world. Its good she likes working. Just hope as technoligy keeps going we can still keep our human roots to enjoy others and nature around us too.

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
I do this and trucking. If someone said i can have a desk job that would pay twice as much as what im doing for uber and trucking i wouldnt take it. I love driveing. I love experiencing new things in life seeing whats out there in the world. Its good she likes working. Just hope as technoligy keeps going we can still keep our human roots to enjoy others and nature around us too.
Well said brother.

·
Premium Member
63,000 Posts
Work till you drop !

Wonder how many Franchises this Robot will own ?
After all,Robots need an example of success.

True

I trust cant beilve you can retire from mcdonalds
Don't spend that $64.00 a month social security check all in one place !

Attachments

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
Work till you drop !
Damn! I always thought Def Leopard said "Rock Rock till you Drop". You are right though. Not to long ago what we call work today was just a way of life yesterday. Getting water, feeding the livestock, tending the garden, mending the fences and sewing the clothes was as common then as answering a text is today.
I love your post tohunt4me!

·
Premium Member
63,000 Posts
Damn! I always thought Def Leopard said "Rock Rock till you Drop". You are right though. Not to long ago what we call work today was just a way of life yesterday. Getting water, feeding the livestock, tending the garden, mending the fences and sewing the clothes was as common then as answering a text is today.
I love your post tohunt4me!
Yes but now you need water runoff study to farm,catalytic convertor for chimney if you chop firewood,D.E.Q. study of well water,inspection of your pasteurization process if you own dairy cows,quarantine and inspection if you raise chickens,Monsanto must audit your pole beans ,if they cross pollinate with bee killing G.M.O.'S you must pay Monsanto for patent infringement . . .

Waiting for Trumps wall to be put on hold for 10 year study because it may endanger the spotted leper cricket . . .
( I know,I shouldn't give away " ideas". Yet it has a happened before,grazing lands)
Politicians weave laws and play them like spiders.

Attachments

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
Monsanto must audit your pole beans ,if they cross pollinate with bee killing G.M.O.'S you must pay Monsanto for patent infringement . . .
Completely off subject, but I was "told" that all the wireless transmission and radio waves are disrupting the pollination of the bees. I do know that bee pollination is the start of the food chain. What do you know of this?

·
Premium Member
63,000 Posts
Completely off subject, but I was "told" that all the wireless transmission and radio waves are disrupting the pollination of the bees. I do know that bee pollination is the start of the food chain. What do you know of this?
They would rather blame it on things they can tax.
Another excuse to market " Robo Bees ".

·
Premium Member
63,000 Posts
They rent Bees.
Been going on for a while.
Remember the " Killer Bee" debacle ? Been going on for a long time.
Ever been beside a flatbed 18 wheeler hauling Bees ?
Better than truck load of hides from the slaughter house.

I can't recall the exact source, but I was hearing that they're trying to develop an alternative to pollination.
The govt wants to enable corporations to patent all life.
To ensure everyone must pay to live.

Attachments

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
They rent Bees.
Been going on for a while.
Remember the " Killer Bee" debacle ? Been going on for a long time.
Ever been beside a flatbed 18 wheeler hauling Bees ?
Better than truck load of hides from the slaughter house.

How the hell do you have a respectable response for everything. With your research skills you would make one hell of a trial lawyer. Thank you for always posting. I know you've been on this forum for a very long time and post allot, but I always make sure and read your post. They're very informative.

·
Premium Member
63,000 Posts
How the hell do you have a respectable response for everything. With your research skills you would make one hell of a trial lawyer. Thank you for always posting. I know you've been on this forum for a very long time and post allot, but I always make sure and read your post. They're very informative.
Made use of my free time being displaced by Foreign labor and not being hired for jobs I qualified for in my hometown because I did not speak Spanish.
Was such a shame witnessing America becoming great for everyone BUT Americans . . .
I KNOW better . . . I have lived through better.
I have watched the changes forced by Government.

Attachments

·
Banned
11,813 Posts
As Spicoli said "if you're here and I'm here, now doesn't that make it our time". Thanks again brother for all your insight. You have corrected me a couple times on my post and I've learned allot from you. May you keep working hard and setting a good example. Stay safe!!!

·
Premium Member
63,000 Posts
There is a reason income has stagnated or declined for 15-20 years while taxes and prices rise each year.
Corporate profits rise each quarter.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
I can't recall the exact source, but I was hearing that they're trying to develop an alternative to pollination.
That's sick.

If you want to see what the ultimate endgame to this would look like, see this collection of eight short animes. I think it's either the second feature called, "The second renaissance," or the third, "Kid's story." Anyways, a MUST to show on the wall during a Halloween party (would go great with some dystopic rock or dark "noise" music!

[https://kcls.bibliocommons.com/item/show/1212084082_the_animatrix?active_tab=bib_info]

·
Premium Member
63,000 Posts
That's sick.

If you want to see what the ultimate endgame to this would look like, see this collection of eight short animes. I think it's either the second feature called, "The second renaissance," or the third, "Kid's story." Anyways, a MUST to show on the wall during a Halloween party (would go great with some dystopic rock or dark "noise" music!

[https://kcls.bibliocommons.com/item/show/1212084082_the_animatrix?active_tab=bib_info]
They manage to kill Bees ,nearly no one will grow food.
Then Food can be under Complete Control.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Here's another opportunity for drivers [ties-in with the McDonald thread]

This is all they said about delivery
"Finally, and perhaps most amusing, McDonald's will soon provide in-home delivery. McDonald's, which has been offering delivery for many years in Asia and the Middle East, is now testing delivery in the U.S. and Europe and more Asian markets. In Florida, it has partnered with ride-sharing service Uber to deliver food. McDonald's said that 75% of the population in its top five markets live within 3 miles of a McDonald's and that more than one billion people globally live within five to 10 minutes of a McDonald's. Delivery is the most significant disruption in the restaurant industry in our lifetime," Ms. Brady said."

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...recover-millions-lost-customers-home-delivery

1 - 20 of 22 Posts