Uber Drivers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prior to the pandemic, I was a die-hard rides only and then switched to UberEats. Having been ride-less for the past three years, Uber's "come back to us" offers were just too good to pass up this week: 5 rides, get $100, 15 more rides $200 more.

Imagine my surprise when the new Uber pricing was, shockingly, usually very much in my favor. These are all the rides I have done yesterday and today. Granted, I drive upstate NY in a college town and this was right as everyone was leaving for Thanksgiving, so I was extremely selective (as I always am) in what trips I take.

These are all the rides:

Font Screenshot Number Rectangle Parallel

And these are all the breakdowns.
Font Parallel Screenshot Number Rectangle

Another one:
Font Screenshot Parallel Number Rectangle

And another:

And another:

And another:

Next:
Font Screenshot Parallel Number Document

This one was not great for me:
Font Screenshot Parallel Number Document

Hate this one:
Font Parallel Screenshot Number Document

35ish mile trip (headed there anyway):

After these trips, I'm more confused than ever about dynamic pricing. I absolutely hate not having a set per minute, per mile rate because it's not transparent. I don't believe Uber would straight up lie in terms of what customers are actually paying, but so far at least in almost all the trips I've done I've taken home a healthy % of customer payment. Could Uber just be mind-screwing me into coming back with favorable looking numbers like these? Does it even matter anymore since what a customer pays has nothing to do with what I earn? I just don't know, but wanted to post these numbers here for whatever they're worth. I love this community and have missed this place!

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Yesterday I used the rider app on two phones with my account (on both) to order the same exact trip using the presets.

Again same exact trip. One was $10.50 and the other (correct) was $54.58.

So I sent it to Uber and ran out the door on a run with my main phone, leaving the rider app open on the fake trip. Come back and the price changed from the $10.50 one to the $54.58 price.

So what the hell was going on here?

The GPS drift can't be that bad and those were preset locations for both pickup and drop off locations.

·
Premium Member
3,593 Posts
Yesterday I used the rider app on two phones with my account (on both) to order the same exact trip using the presets.

Again same exact trip. One was $10.50 and the other (correct) was $54.58.

So I sent it to Uber and ran out the door on a run with my main phone, leaving the rider app open on the fake trip. Come back and the price changed from the $10.50 one to the $54.58 price.

So what the hell was going on here?

The GPS drift can't be that bad and those were preset locations for both pickup and drop off locations.
Uber thinks one of your phones is white, the other phone black…

·
Premium Member
2019 Toyota Corolla
8,160 Posts
Prior to the pandemic, I was a die-hard rides only and then switched to UberEats. Having been ride-less for the past three years, Uber's "come back to us" offers were just too good to pass up this week: 5 rides, get $100, 15 more rides $200 more.

Imagine my surprise when the new Uber pricing was, shockingly, usually very much in my favor. These are all the rides I have done yesterday and today. Granted, I drive upstate NY in a college town and this was right as everyone was leaving for Thanksgiving, so I was extremely selective (as I always am) in what trips I take.

These are all the rides:

View attachment 686509

And these are all the breakdowns.
View attachment 686510

Another one:
View attachment 686511

And another:
View attachment 686512

And another:

View attachment 686513

And another:

View attachment 686514

Next:
View attachment 686515

This one was not great for me:
View attachment 686516

Hate this one:
View attachment 686517

35ish mile trip (headed there anyway):
View attachment 686518

After these trips, I'm more confused than ever about dynamic pricing. I absolutely hate not having a set per minute, per mile rate because it's not transparent. I don't believe Uber would straight up lie in terms of what customers are actually paying, but so far at least in almost all the trips I've done I've taken home a healthy % of customer payment. Could Uber just be mind-screwing me into coming back with favorable looking numbers like these? Does it even matter anymore since what a customer pays has nothing to do with what I earn? I just don't know, but wanted to post these numbers here for whatever they're worth. I love this community and have missed this place!
Does any of this make you wonder why
you were screwing around delivering big macs?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts