1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
The handwriting is on the wall for taxis.
My experiences in the U.S. Traveling for a Fortune 20 company for 15 years.

Cabbie: My card reader does not work. Me: Well I need another cab, I can only expense AMEX. Cabbie: Let me jiggle it.

Cabbie: I don't have change, but I can take you to an ATM. Me: Let me call your boss and discuss your attitude and we will see if you really have change.

Cabbie (Las Vegas) I can't take you all the way to your destination, I have to drop you off here. Me: I heard that radio call. Let me call you boss and see if you can take me all the way.

Watching the meter in Boston Mass. Fare is $57 dollars when we pull in the driveway of the hotel. Cabbie touches the meter when he thinks I am not looking and the meter goes to $127. I called the cops with the cabbie screaming at me while I was on the phone. The cops got there quick because the dispatcher thought I was being attacked.

I can not count the number of cab rides where the cabbie talked on the phone in a foreign language for the entire trip.

Some cabbies have no shame.
The industry is hopelessly stained and will not recover while TNC exist.

Time to buy a nice car and drive for Uber.

·
Registered
17,830 Posts

Cabbie: My card reader does not work. Me: Well I need another cab, I can only expense AMEX. Cabbie: Let me jiggle it.

Cabbie: I don't have change, but I can take you to an ATM. Me: Let me call your boss and discuss your attitude and we will see if you really have change.

Cabbie (Las Vegas) I can't take you all the way to your destination, I have to drop you off here. Me: I heard that radio call. Let me call you boss and see if you can take me all the way.

Watching the meter in Boston Mass. Fare is $57 dollars when we pull in the driveway of the hotel. Cabbie touches the meter when he thinks I am not looking and the meter goes to $127. I called the cops with the cabbie screaming at me while I was on the phone. The cops got there quick because the dispatcher thought I was being attacked.

I can not count the number of cab rides where the cabbie talked on the phone in a foreign language for the entire trip.

This is vague and unclear, im not certain of your feelings or thoughts on this issue. :)

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts

Nice try, but using every single worn out stereotype was too much.

Uber is a scam, they don't take cash, and their drivers make nothing.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Nice try, but using every single worn out stereotype was too much.

Uber is a scam, they don't take cash, and their drivers make nothing.
I have experienced each of these taxi scams multiple times in multiple cities.
I have also had some great cab drivers.

The few that scam the system, and are really criminals, give the 90% a bad name.

Ever stop to think how stereotypes are created? As a cabbie you know each and every one of these scams are carried out worldwide in cabs on an hourly basis.

Pretty much why 99.995% of the traveling public hate cabs and are embracing the first competition cabs have had.

The handwriting is definitely on the wall. If I were a cabbie I would be looking around for supplemental income right now.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
I have experienced each of these taxi scams multiple times in multiple cities.
I have also had some great cab drivers.

The few that scam the system, and are really criminals, give the 90% a bad name.

Ever stop to think how stereotypes are created? As a cabbie you know each and every one of these scams are carried out worldwide in cabs on an hourly basis.

Pretty much why 99.995% of the traveling public hate cabs and are embracing the first competition cabs have had.

The handwriting is definitely on the wall. If I were a cabbie I would be looking around for supplemental income right now.
The entirety of Uber is a scam, they can and do rip people off in all of those ways (circling the block until you cancel etc), and 99% do not hate cabs.

There isn't any handwriting on any wall. Uber is a Silicon Valley/ Wall St con, turning what was a full time job into a 'gig' for peanuts. And if you claim all those Uber cars are clean and new, driven by experienced drivers who know where they're going, you're just lying.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Do you actually read the stuff you post.
Uber is not ripping off PAX. Uber is not a scam.
Uber is what it is, drivers know the rules.
Chose to drive for Uber, or chose not to drive for Uber, but quit posting the SOS. You make us tired.
Uber has been kicked out of entire countries for very good reason.

Calling it a scam is being kind. They've managed to pay off enough people in the US to keep it going.

Let cab drivers just break/ignore as many laws as Uber does, and they'll ride on magic unicorns too.

You don't get or don't want to get that it's turned the entire indistry into part time money for desperate and or clueless suckers.

The rest are part timers who have another job. What do you think will happen if enough of those 'other jobs' are turned into 'gigs?'

This is about big money exploiting labor, that's it.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Uber has been kicked out of entire countries for very good reason.

Calling it a scam is being kind. They've managed to pay off enough people in the US to keep it going.

Let cab drivers just break/ignore as many laws as Uber does, and they'll ride on magic unicorns too.

You don't get or don't want to get that it's turned the entire indistry into part time money for desperate and or clueless suckers.

The rest are part timers who have another job. What do you think will happen if enough of those 'other jobs' are turned into 'gigs?'

This is about big money exploiting labor, that's it.
Oh moan and piss. Take it home, it is not wanted here.
Most of us are not desperate or clueless unlike most cabbies I have met.
I make a couple hundred bucks a night working short hours.

Regardless of your disgruntled ramblings, some of us are getting exactly what we expected from Uber.
I don't feel exploited, if I did I would get another gig.

You sir, are a desperate empty soul camping on an Uber driver's forum to bemoan the loss of your minimum wage carrier.

Oh well. It is time to stick a fork in it. Its done.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Oh moan and piss. Take it home, it is not wanted here.
Most of us are not desperate or clueless unlike most cabbies I have met.
I make a couple hundred bucks a night working short hours.

Regardless of your disgruntled ramblings, some of us are getting exactly what we expected from Uber.
I don't feel exploited, if I did I would get another gig.

You sir, are a desperate empty soul camping on an Uber driver's forum to bemoan the loss of your minimum wage carrier.

Oh well. It is time to stick a fork in it. Its done.
Try to marginalize the truth if it makes you feel better.

Uber is counting the days until it can replace you with a robot. Actively working hard on it, in fact. Get back to me then.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Try to marginalize the truth if it makes you feel better.

Uber is counting the days until it can replace you with a robot. Actively working hard on it, in fact. Get back to me then.
You do not understand that no one looks at Uber as a steady gig.
When the robot arrives, I will have moved on.
Marginalize the truth? You are the one failing to see the future of your industry.
Put down that bottle, and watch some TV.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
You do not understand that no one looks at Uber as a steady gig.
When the robot arrives, I will have moved on.
Marginalize the truth? You are the one failing to see the future of your industry.
Put down that bottle, and watch some TV.
Oh, really? Uber advertizes $90,000/yr. That's part time, eh?

You'll have moved on to what, exactly. Another 'gig?' If the Ubers of the world get their way, that's all there will be.

The future of the industry should be Humans making a living wage. No reason that shouldn't be, technology doesn't prohibit that. Uber represents the inhuman Silicon Valley/ Wall St machine which is not all that interested in Humans.

·
Banned
1,616 Posts
Eighty to ninety % of Uber driver's operate without the proper insurance, enough said, if every one of those driver's that drives for Uber with their personal insurance policy, if their car insurance found out they are doing Taxi work, their policy would be cancelled with a big asterisk, there would be no Uber in most cities, only in a few cities like NY where you can not operate without commercial insurance, a proper FHV drivers license and TLC license plates, with fingerprint background checks and annual drug testing. You won't have any Joe shmo pretending to be a Taxi driver.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Rockin Ex is obviously blind while trying to sound savvy and we'll informed about Uber. Afraid to admit he's been hussled by the very entity who's pens he now worships.

They said they added in a tip. LIE.
They said "free water n Gum". LIE (the driver optionally provided it and when he didn't he was rated badly and eventually deactivated! WITHOUT EVER SEEING A TIP!)

As PARTNERS we legally have the right to be a part of ANY decision regarding profit. ALL Ubers decisions are made so they can profit with the last one being a 65% increase in the SRF which benefits ONLY them.

I could go on here for some time IDIOT!
There is too much to say in a text.

Uber makes the Taxi industry look like a bunch of Saints.

You have topped the list of Most Gullable and Assonine. These are facts that won't change regardless of how much fancy gibberish you babble in this thread.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Lol you guys crack me up. Uber is great for supplemental income and is about the most flexible job I've ever had.

Contrasting that I've had friends try being a cabbie, waking up every day knowing they were $150 in the hole before they even got dressed.

All cars are going to be driverless. What kind of idiot thinks that humans should have a right to drive you around for a job. You should go work for a company manufacturing cassette tapes.

You guys are blinded by your impotent rage at an industry and a world that is going to leave you in the rear view mirror.

·
Banned
1,616 Posts
Lol you guys crack me up. Uber is great for supplemental income and is about the most flexible job I've ever had.

Contrasting that I've had friends try being a cabbie, waking up every day knowing they were $150 in the hole before they even got dressed.

All cars are going to be driverless. What kind of idiot thinks that humans should have a right to drive you around for a job. You should go work for a company manufacturing cassette tapes.

You guys are blinded by your impotent rage at an industry and a world that is going to leave you in the rear view mirror.
So how do you feel about driving an illegal *********, and taking away the livelihood of legit cab drivers who pay the associated fees to operate a legal business. In every other industry you are considered a scab, including the Taxi industry.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts

Should be fun the day you realize the 'other job' you think you can rely on is being automated by Silicon Valley billionaires.

Remember to post here and tell us how you're still Rambo.

1 - 20 of 121 Posts